Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Getting SOOO tired of all of this..I just want to hide :( it won't STOP

REALLY getting my emet challenged lately. I come into work today. Relaxed because my daughter MADE it through her school year and missed being sick. Whew. Only to find out we can't have our after school program in the cafeteria because this morning a kitchen worker was sick in a garbage can while they were preparing food, after theyde served the kids breakfast and while the kindergarten was eating. They closed the kitchen sent the kids back their classrooms abd sent the worker home because if a recent norovirus at another school. Now I'm in the same building scarwd I touched something this worker touched 2 days ago. Or touched today. Then it's in the same town where my dad works with the public and where he doesnt wash his hands and licks his fingers to count money. They are "disinfectant" bombing the school over the weekend. But gahhhhhh. I'm still freaking out. I only have 5 more days of work!!

Default Re: Getting SOOO tired of all of this..I just want to hide :( it won't STOP

I really think you'll be ok! I highly doubt that thing you touched had particles on, most people are very hygeine-aware nowadays and you would have already caught it. Congrats on your daughter being ok though, that's very good sign! The older kids get the stronger immunity by the sounds of it...when I got past 2002(last time I v*d) I just remember 2003...2004...2005...etc were all clear. I was like 10 when the bugs stopped, not sure how old your kid is though.

Try to focus on anything but you fear for if you'll catch something, will power won't exactly help so worrying is just another hindrance although I'd be the same haha. You're fine..

Default Re: Getting SOOO tired of all of this..I just want to hide :( it won't STOP

I completely agree with cheesecake. I really, really doubt you'll catch it. They're so sanitary there, it seems. Yes, they served the kids food, but if they're taking the precaution of cleansing everything because one worker was v in a trash can. I'm sure they were clean in the kitchen if they're actually disinfecting things. My elementary school was notorious for not giving a shit about cleanliness. They wouldn't do more than run a dirty mop over a pile of v on the floor in the middle of a crowded cafeteria for two minutes (2006-2007), in full ad sincere honestly. You're lucky to be in a clean elementary school! Celebrate that you've only got one week left and you'll be a lot less stressed. A safe shool year, woohoo!

Yes that was 2007 (the true story about the dirty mop).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.