Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What could this be??

So...here's what has happened. My daughter, who will be 3 in August, starting v* and d* last Thursday. Not regularly at all, it's kind of sporadic. She's eating, drinking, playing...not acting like anything at all is bothering her until she v*. She's only done that around 5 times since last Thursday, but the d* has been every bm except last night she had a solid bm. Here's the thing...I started all 3 of my kids on grape juice after I read several times it prevents svs. Truth be told, I swear by it. But my almost 3 year old LOVES grape juice and it's hard to get her to drink anything else. I dilute it of course, but I just wonder if maybe it's the grape juice that's causing her tummy troubles? My husband was up with her when she was v* the worst but he's out of town working so it's just been me every other time. We're on day 6 now and no body else is showing any signs of any kind of not feeling well (knock on wood) so that kind of makes me think it's not a sv. She did this same thing back in October. She v* and d* for almost a week but acted like she didn't feel well and we ended up taking her to the dr and he said it was sf. But no one else got it and at the time we were living in a house with my parents and my great aunt so usually things like that tear through a household. I cut the grape juice out for several days and there was still d* but no v* until she had some last night and v* this morning (not a fun way to wake up!!) so I'm just wondering what others think? I can't talk about this to my husband or my parents because they don't understand the fear that I have or the constant trying to figure out what is going on. Please help!

Default Re: What could this be??

Well, speaking from my own experience, the one year I first read about the miracle of grape juice I drank about 3 glasses undiluted in a row.

And MAN did that cause an upset stomach. I have a pretty strong stomach, I can take on pizzas and cakes by myself in a day but that? I had some d*...which is funny because I was trying to prevent it!

I would say to cut it out totally for a good while and let her body adjust and see how both the v* and d* go. Other than that perhaps go to a doc for a second opinion as it could be something else. I'd monitor what she is eating though, perhaps she has an intolerance to certain foods as well.