Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My Best Friend

I once told my only close friend, the one person I feel like I truly will unconditionally love

that if she v*d I would runn away and not be able to help her or talk to her or look at her.

And I think I hurt her very deeply. On my birthday, in September, she v*d and didn't tell me and I ended up hearing about it later from someone else. I ended up talking to her and retracting my statement, but really, I'm terrified of not following through.

I feel that way too about my husband, but once I got thinking about it I realized that I could keep thinking that way and live the rest of my life alone, or realize that it is a normal thing for most people to do and not hold it against him. It is still hard to imagine my reaction the next time he v*, but I also don't want to live the rest of my life as a hermit either!! He has only v* on 3 occasions in the 5 years I have known him (which for me personally is too much, but compared to the rest of the population is not much at all). It's going to be awfully hard to find a friend/mate out there who never v*. Do you v*? I did last week, but it was the first time in 11 years and I think it was morning sickness as I am 21 weeks pregnant. I think it's harder for us to accept it in others if we v* so infrequently. But I know I wouldn't want someone to hold it against me. That is one of my biggest fears--that if I v*, I will be considered gross, disgusting, and unloved. My husband, fortunately for me, was very supportive of me, even though I have not yet been able to be so supportive of him. I am working on changing my ways of thinking though. Good luck to you!