Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnant and scared

Hi all,

I found out on Tuesday I am pregnant with my second baby and am scared all over again. Crazy thing is I fell pregnant in 2014 and felt the same way but miscarried and this pregnancy has taken 18 months.

I've cried over not being able to get pregnant and my little girl being alone and now it's happened in thinking what have I done (like last time) and want to reverse time. I am just sat here waiting for 6 weeks as that's when it can hit and feel like I'm on a roller coaster I can't get off. I'm also scared of the thought of surgery again.

I was never sick with my first but felt sick a lot but I've heard people say second pregnancies can be worse.

I keep thinking do I really want this again(which was what I did last time) and thinking if it didn't work out its no bad thing. We have tried for so long so I can't believe I'm feeling these things. I'm just so scared to do it all over again and how I will cope.

I must sound awful saying these things.

Default Re: Pregnant and scared

I've been pregnant 10 times and never v. 8 of those were miscarriages, but I did have n with them. You can ask your doc fir something to help n, but you may never need it. My mom was never n with either me or my brother. It is not a rule that your second will be worse. Just do your best to remain calm and take each day as it comes. Congrats!

my mom was sick with me (I was the first) and not my brother (2nd). there's no rhyme or reason to MS. I was n for 40 weeks but never v with my son. focus on the good - your health, staying hydrated, snack frequently, avoid things that make you feel sick. and congratulations.

my sister actually felt 10x better with her second pregnancy. She did not v* once and rarely, if ever, felt n*. You will be perfectly fine, do not worry and IF you do feel n* remember that there are PLENTY of remedies and you won't have to suffer through it

Thanks so much everyone. I just need to get through these first weeks. I just feel on edge waiting for it to kick in. It's a constant worry! I hate this phobia

Quote Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
    Thanks so much everyone. I just need to get through these first weeks. I just feel on edge waiting for it to kick in. It's a constant worry! I hate this phobia
    I was the same way. I was scared to reach 6 weeks then scared to reach 8 because someone said that's when it got bad for them. Then I was scared to reach 10-11 weeks because my OBGYN said that's when morning sickness peaks. So I basically spent my entire first trimester worrying about something that never happened because I never felt that bad.

That's exactly how I was first time round. I can't believe I'm doing this all over again! I always thought placenta took over around 10-11 weeks so was hoping it tailed off then. I remember feeling sick last time but not being. I hope I get away so lightly again

I never had MS with my son. I felt n often but never v* I found dry foods a god send and eating little and often helps as well. Congrats, me and OH really want another baby but I'm scared about the MS as well.

Thanks toad - that sounds like I was. When I'm ttc I'm fine and think how I was fine first time then when it happens panic sets in and I wonder what I'm doing. Do you think you'll go for number 2

I needed this thread! This is my first and I'm petrified!!!

Aww bless you. How far gone are you? I know it's scary but trust me you can do this. Message me anytime you need to
    Chat x

Congratulations.

I only have 1 child as I can't cope with ill children so we stopped at 1. I had terrible nausea until 12 weeks and only V* once at 12 weeks. I wore travel sickness wrist bands that have pressure points in the wrists which is supposed to help. I wore them constantly and was too scared to taken them off. I bought them in different colours to match what I was wearing and so they could be washed. Can't say for sure if they actually helped me not to v* but would use them again if I ever did fall pregnant. Got to be worth a try.

I've got the bands too. I must admit I do wonder why
    doing this and how I'll cope with 2 but I know the good times outweigh those bad ones. I had my accupuncture yesterday it she told me to leave it a few weeks but I thought I'd need to go every week just want this first but over with

I'm so glad I could help. threads like this helped me as well. just to see women who got through pregnancy v* free helped me feel so much better. don't be scared you will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by emetshelp View Post
    I needed this thread! This is my first and I'm petrified!!!

I'm so glad I could help. threads like this helped me as well. just to see women who got through pregnancy v* free helped me feel so much better. don't be scared you will be fine!

I was pregnant once for 8 weeks but had an abortion because of mental illness lack of encome and still feeling to young to have it. I wont lie i felt extremely N* came close but never actually v* every pregnancy is different but i think if you didn't have too much trouble with your first the secound shouldn't be too bad you'll prob be hit with lots of n* all day acid reflux too i found that eating a little bit of easy to digest things made me feel better tumbs and ginger chews were my best friends. Baths helped and ice packs in a pregnancy its important to try and control anxiety If not you'll make yourself feel gross all the time....if you think you can do it i say go for it. Remember you can also get anti emetics from your doctor good luck!

Aww so sorry you had an abortion hope your ok. I'm nearly 7 weeks and been feeling queasy. Have moments of panic thinking I can't do this and moments of being ok where I can do it. This damn phobia is awful as it makes me feel so out of control. The fear is overwhelming at times

Quote Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
    Aww so sorry you had an abortion hope your ok. I'm nearly 7 weeks and been feeling queasy. Have moments of panic thinking I can't do this and moments of being ok where I can do it. This damn phobia is awful as it makes me feel so out of control. The fear is overwhelming at times
    Sorry to write back so late i know this phobia is horrid i always cry when i think i might never be able to have children and make my own family (i don't have much family) anyways i hope if you're still pregnant that you are doing well! Wishing you the best!