Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default jolted out of sleep

Oh, I really hate these nights, especially when I need to get up early in the morning.

I was having some bizarre-o dream about someone from work. She was singing a creepy song similar to an ad and recounting memories from her past--I won't go much farther than that. It was just a somehow unsettling dream. In the dream, I convinced myself that she had a stomach ache but of course I could feel it, only to realize it was my stomach actually hurting. Having the stomach ache start in the dream and then transfer over to reality always makes the situation so much worse and I'm not sure I'll be able to explain. I guess it's that feeling of disorientation so often acquainted with the feeling of confusion that sometimes happens right before you V*. I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this--I have once, during my freshman year of college. It was terrifying.

So when I finally, fully woke up, my stomach had a pretty strange ache right in the middle, above my belly button, like a band that stretched across my abdomen. The pain was similar to a period cramp, and I am due for my period quite soon, but what concerned me was the location of the pain. Usually, my period cramps are below my belly button. I got up and went to the bathroom and nothing came out aside from pee. I decided to write a post because writing it out always allows me to get a better feel for the way I'm feeling. It allows me to sort of pinpoint the pain and my current state. I think now the pain is mostly gone but I'm a little n*. I can't tell if the n* is from my panic or if it's really there.

I'm so sleepy but of course am afraid to go back to sleep. I doubt anyone is online as it is now 2:40 am where I'm at but it's worth a shot.

Default Re: jolted out of sleep

How are you feeling? It probably is your period.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Them transitional dreams are awful!! I vaguely dreaming recently of eating m&ms but I felt full and uncomfortable and i woke up and didn't eat for hours cos in my dream I didn't feel good at all....awful!!

Hope you managed to fall back asleep. That kind of thing happens to me quite often and I never manage to fall over again and if I do it's about an hour or so before I need to get up.

It probably is just your body thinking up a sensations you were feeling in your dream.I had one the other day: in my dream I hurt myself badly and noone would believe me, I was trying to persuade someone to believe me that I had hurt myself. In the dream, I had internally bled and had a rising pain on my chest over my right rib that kept building until I woke up. When I woke up, I had exactly the same pain in the same place and freaked out because my first thought was that I had damaged myself somehow. I freaked out, but calmed down in a short space of time and the sudden pain dissapeared. I think that the actualy pain I was feeling was the dream causing it, not the other way around.

I hope this helps: it's probably your dream creating the pain, sometimes deep sleepers get vividly physical in their dreams.