Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ugh SOS

Default Ugh SOS

So I am panicking. Earlier today I was fine, I had some baked ziti for lunch and a few hours later some chocolate. I am known to eat these things and am overall fine.

I just had a sandwich and some popcorn (non-buttered, "healthy" stuff) and just as I was finishing up I got stomach cramps.
    TMI, I am known to "go" every 2 days. I went earlier, and then w few hours later I got these stomach cramps (now) and just went again and this time it was loose and burned. I passed gas at first and then went.

Now I am sitting here having a panic attack feeling nasty like I need to pass ore gas. My stomach feels gross too, like sensitive almost. As a rsult I am n*. I also have a slight headache...I am due for my period this week but I am on the pill and usually after my last pill (taken Saturday) I get it on Tues or Weds. I am not sure if this is PMS and panic and maybe tomato sauce from ziti (I also had spaghetti and a meatball and a half last night around 7:30 for dinner) working against me.

Also I don't know of anyone who is ill, but I did go to a party and then an art fair Saturday. No one at the part was or is ill and from my knowledge I did not touch anything at the air fair, nor did I eat there.

I could really using some comforting words. I HATE lose stools like this, they make me wonder if it will happen again like when I was ill last year. It started with a weird bloat and then d* for hours until I v*. I get freaked out now that it will happen again.

Sitting down now with a cool wash cloth on my neck (oh yeah bonus: It's hot and humid in my house) and sipping cool water trying to keep calm. Any words of encouragement help!

Default Re: Ugh SOS

hi there,

i am sorry to hear that you feel this way. sometimes, things just don't agree with us. and this is our body's way of making us feel better. when this happens to me, i feel exactly how you are describing after and it takes a while for it to get back to normal. so don't feel panicked about that! it is completely normal to feel a bit gross after it happens because everything is just taking some time to settle back down. from the sounds of it, here is my guess...you don't go more than once every two days...it sounds like you've been eating healthy so it could be as simple as having too much fiber and not enough protein...i would try to remain calm and do your best to focus on how you feel right now as opposed to panicking...you are okay!

Default Re: Ugh SOS

Thanks j florence! I am feeling a bit better since I posted this, I just hate when it happens because it gets me so worked up thinking it's the beginning of illness or food poisoning. I am thinking it was possibly tomato sauce this time but it is indeed uncomfortable afterwards. It took a couple of hours before I felt "safe" and even still I am sure I'll be all weird when I go to bed later.

My emet was calmed for a good while - I use to never freak out so much about d* or loose stools prior to my bout of illness last year. Now every time I have a small upset stomach I automatically think "this is it", it's so crappy...no pun intended lol.