Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my biggest fear

this morning, my worst fear ever came true......i v*d. i feel so sick right now and im so scared its going to happen again....i need help

How are you feeling now? Do you know what the cause was? I can't say I'm speaking from much experience, but my husband always tells me the first time is the worst. Was it really as bad as you thought it would be though? I think the anticipation of not knowing what it would be like is the worst. Hang in there! You will be okay!

Hey, well you got through it once, you can get through it again if you need to. Is there anything you can take for it? Gravol maybe? Try taking a nap, it may help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my fiance was sick last week so i think i caught a bad stomach bug. right now i feel like i might be sick again and im constantly running to the bathroom, it has to a be *sv.....i want it to stop

Think of it this way- you did what you most feared......and survived! You didn't choke, and no bolt of lightening came through the bathroom wall to strike you down.

Try to get some sleep- eat some bland food (dry toast, weak tea, etc). I know that when I'm sick a hot bath sometimes helps

Feel better soon

*amber*

Oh! and if you have a fever, take tylenol or aspirin...if not- do you have some pepto onhand? Although it may not stop you from being sick, it usually works to settle the stomach a bit. Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're so brave. It'll all be over soon... I agree w/ crimgoddess.. Eat something bland, but only if you feel up to it. If not, chew on some icechips... Being sick SUCKS!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

thanx so much for all your support and ideas....i have only eaten some dry toast and even that was a task. i took a hot bath and that usually works, but it did nothing but make me feel weaker. the only good thing about this, is that my mom is really proud of me, she is happy that it finally happened and that i can realize that i wont die from it......but im still freaking a bit.....cant wait to feel better.......oh no, my mom feels sick now.....this is not good......gotta sterilize the house.

I hope you are feeling a little better. How long was your fiance sick for? How are you doing now? Like everyone else has said.. You survived it, so you know you will be okay. I know there isn't much we can say to take away the panic that you are feeling, but we are all here for you. Just try hard to relax. Sorry this happened to ya, but turn the negative around to a positive and remember, the only way to rid yourself of the fear is to face it.. and you have.
    \"This too shall pass\"

he was sick for a couple of days, but was only sick to his stomach for one day, but it was much worse than i was. i cant believe that it happened, but i did survive, but i really dont want to have to go through it again.[img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]

Have you v*ed again since this morning? If so, how was it compared to the first time? Worse, better or the same? I hope you feel better fast!!!

try some gingerale and and daramamine or something...

I hope you are feeling better... Mike and bis brother are sick w/ v* and d*, and I'm making him stay w/ his brother tonight.. I'm so scared that I'm already contaminated.. EEP!

But our worst fear is coming true... try to stay brave.. though I know how hard it is!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

so far i havent been sick again, but i still feel like im going to every now and then.....but it could be that i have nothing in my stomach but water, so it might be all the acid building up. i talked to a few family members today and it seems that everyone around the city has this "bug." my mom keeps telling me that it is a 24 hour thing, so i hope she is right, but im scared to fall asleep in case i have to *v, while i am asleep. ever get the feeling that it is coming up in your throat??? this has been the worst day of my life.

But hey, you got through it girl - it's unlikely to happen again. Remember, the anxiety can make you feel sick. Sleep will be difficult, but you do need to rest. Stay up as long as you can, you may feel better soon and confident enough then to get some sleep.

Well done though, you should be proud of yourself, you coped with your worst nightmare! Good on you.

i wanted to thank all of you for your support today. i just joined and i feel better talking about what happened today. please pray that i feel better and i dont v* again

You should be so proud of yourself. You just did your biggest fear. I know your still very scared, but you know in your mind you can do it again if you have to. Look at this from a postive way. You made it through...I hope you feel better really soon.

Michele

hey, you'll b fine. I always feel like v* and i always freak out. but think about it this way. Nothin bad will happen if u v*, everybody goes through it. That always helps me when i feel sick. I know it's hard, specially if u have anxiety attacks when u feel sick, like me.Try to smell alcohol(not daone that u drink,daone 4 cuts and stuff)and go outside to breath fresh air. Good company is also good for you if u dont like being alone[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You are an inspiration for those of us who have not been sick in some time. I know it's not pleasant and you don't want to do it again, but just the fact that you are okay gives us all strength.
    \"This too shall pass\"

thank you for those kind words.....never thought that by v*ing would i ever be an inspiration, but if i could help that is fantastic....getting through this morning really helped me realize that i wont die, but i still cant get over the feeling.....yuck

funny thing is that i like being alone when im feeling sick so that i can panic in private....lol

I actually like being alone to V*..in fact, on top of the V* fear, I fear being near others when it happens. I think that is worse than the actual V* fear. The last time I did V*, I was in the hospital with Kidney stones and I was drugged up and allergic to the drugs, so I kept V*ing everywhere. It was nasty and I would wake up, V* and roll back over. I was so upset since there were nurses all over and yes, it is what they do, but I was so embarrassed. Oh well...
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

gubba... OMG THAT IS JUST AWFUL!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I am the same, gubba, I would rather be totally alone when I v*! The last time I did, my mum was there, fussing over me (I was only 7), and I think her fussing over me only made me feel worse. So I've become an 'anti-social v*er' [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Tanya, you are amazing for getting through this ok! I hope you feel better soon - I am sure you'll look back and think that it isn't worth all the worry we give it, even if you did feel really horrible.

yesterday was one of the most, if not the most horrible day of my life. i still feel yucky today, but i havent v*d in over 12 hours so i think im in the clear. i cant wait till the d* stops now so i can get back on with my life.....hate stomach viruses

I'm glad you're feeling better today. It will probably take a couple more days til your stomach feels 100%, but I don't think you have to worry about v*ing anymore. It seems like you handled yourself very well during all of this!!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Kelly

i thought that once i v*d i would help a bit with my phobia, but now everytime i get that same kind of stomach ache i freak, like now for instance....my stomach is hurting the same way again and im starting to freak out....do you think that there is any chance that it might happen again???

It's unlikely - you're probably empty and that can provoke feelings of n*. Try and do something to distract you, or if you think you can eat, try something very light, this might take the edge off your n*. Try and stay calm, as you know panicking can make the feelings seem worse. Hang in there.

i was feeling better yesterday and today, but tonight i feel really bad again....my stomach is hurting the exact same way it did before i v*d and im starting to panic that it might happen again....i dont want to fall asleep, and im really worried that the stomach bug i had isnt gone....but is it possible that it could linger and after 3 days i could v* again??? oh god i hope not......

i really don't think that would happen. if it did, i wouldn't think it would be from a bug, but more a medical problem. i am sure you will be okay. just try really hard to relax and not think about it. i know that sounds impossible, but do your best. maybe fall asleep on the sofa with the tv on? that's what i do anyway when i am having bad nights. i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. hope you wake up feeling great.
    \"This too shall pass\"

im doing everything that you guys have mentioned....im relaxing on the couch, watching tv, playing on the comp, but im still freaking cause my stomach is still killing me....i had a couple of good days with feeling alright but, i feel gross all over again....could i still have the stomach bug....i really really really dont want to v* again.....i know that nothing happens to me and that i dont die from it, but i just dont want it to happen....i should be feeling better by now....grrr...im so frustrated

Have you eaten anything? You may not feel like anything but if you're very empty then you're going to have pain. It's very very unlikely that you're going to v* after this amount of time, but it's not unusual to feel discomfort - my son took a week to get over his last sv, although the v*g itself only lasted a few hours.

i have eaten, but everything i do seems to go right through me and i feel weak and shaky all the time....my stomach wont stop hurting and i dont want to take anything cause i want it to just leave my body