Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

GRRR @ Sisters. So my sister decides to casually inform us that onthursday night she was "Up ill in the night" I heard her up twice but was half asleep so I don't know if she means she was sick or not, but probably she was. She went to work the next day and felt rough and out the next night and is fine now, now being Sunday night. I don't really see much of her but the thing is if she was up V* then I didn't do anything to clean the bathroom and probably took a bath there and cleaned my teeth and everything. So have I been exposed now? Because if she was V* and didn't tell me I didn't take any precautions at all because I felt safe. I know for a fact she will have used the downstairs bathroom which is where all my stuff is like toothbrush etc. What are the odds on me getting sick now? Am I safe?

I just feel like I'm losing it, I've had the most anxious few days ever with one thing or another. Thursday night I was up panicking like mad anyway pretty much all night and only heard her up twice at 4am and 6am (she bangs her door and it wakes me up) then last night I was so anxious about being out, I can't cope if I get a bug. What are the odds? I'm sitting here crying because I felt safe for the first time in days and ate a big meal and thats when she tells me. I know some of you will say that I don't know she was V* but I know my sister and what she says means that she was. She felt rough the next day but still went to work and out that night.

I just need reassurance because nothing feels safe anymore.Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey hippychick, feeling for you right now, you seem to be having a rough time. It's been a good few days since your sister was ill, so it's unlikely you're going to get anything now. And you said it yourself, before your sister told you this, you were feeling well, that counts for something. I'd put money on the fact that you're OK.

With regards the hygeine side of things - sometimes I'm a bit lax - it depends how bad my emet is, and I've never caught anything off my kids or my (ex) partner. Try and stay calm.

Take your toothbrush out of the bathroom or boil the one that is in there! That always makes me feel "safer" when I know or think someone might be sick. Your sister could also be having stomach problems due to PMS or something she ate. Being "ill" doesn't always mean V*, even though in our emet heads it does.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's too late! Because she didn't tell me on Thursday I carried right on using it and not being as safe because she didn't say that she had been ill until now. Thats what is making me worried. Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

My toothbrush is still sitting on my desk, which often makes me forget to brush my teeth if I'm not careful...

You need to sit down and talk with your sister about her being honest with you and your family when she gets sick. She needs to tell someone so they can help make the house cleaner for everyone else. It isn't nice or even mature to not tell someone if you are ill and you have to share a common space with them --- people have a right to know if they need to be limiting their contact with you.

Totally random- but is there any chance she didn't tell people she was sick because she intentionally made herself sick? Possibly by drinking or smoking something or because she took something? I'm not trying to place accusations or warrent suspicion, but why would someone wait so long to tell that they had been so ill? It doesn't make sense to me...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Hippiechick

I have read that even if emets get a flu--they usually do NOT throw up--but get D instead..we have kinda trained ourselves to not do it! how r u feeling now?

Thanks for the suggestion but talking to her wouldn't do any good, she would think it was me being weird. I knew she hadbeen feeling not well that day but she just didn't tell me she had been ill in the night. So what are the odds on me catching it? I'm pretty freaked out right now.

Hippychick, odds on you catching anything over 4 days later? Pretty low. When I've been exposed to a sv, I tend to calm down after 72 hours. When I get worried like this, I try all I can to keep myself as busy as possible, even if it's just tidying the house, which I hate! My GP told me to "DO, not THINK" and sometimes this does work to distract me. You know what us emets are like, we can think aboutour stomachs so much until we actually start to feel unwell so do something to stop you dwelling on this.

It's been long enough now, time to forget about this one and start worrying about the next!!!

yeah, I think you're past the infectious time. I'd still give the bathroom a lysoling every time she uses it for the next 2 weeks.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon