Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Waves of feeling sick:(

I woke up last night suddenly feeling very sick but all I can remember is having a few sips of water then falling back asleep, I then woke up this morning feeling sick but just thought it was my usual anxiety. Throughout the day I've been getting periods of feeling sick like my stomach feels heavy and achey, my mouth doesn't taste normal and I keep getting the feeling of needing to burp or hiccup or something?! It goes away slightly When I try to distract myself but I just don't understand why I have been feeling ill all day, although sometimes it's like a sensation of feeling hungry? Even though I've eaten recently and I felt okay eating my lunch but now it's just panicking me as I cannot think of anything worse than being sick, I don't know what to do, please help!

Default Re: Waves of feeling sick:(

How are you feeling now? It may have been acid reflux, especially since you said you felt like you needed to burp. The fact that you felt okay eating lunch is a good sign. Maybe take some pepto bismol or something and see if that helps. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi, hope you're feeling better. This is how I am spending most of my days and infact I have not been to sleep yet as I feel so bad. I think mine is my bad diet as I have safe foods which is all the sweet stuff that is making me gain weight. I would guess reflux with the needing to burp. I'm going down that route myself and trying to get medication to see if it helps.

Could be a virus or a bug that's mild! Don't worry too much as I don't think it will persist.... could just be a very sneaky case of anxiety, you said it kinda goes when you distract yourself..try REALLY distracting yourself and see where it takes you...maybe a nice hot bath