Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's happening!!! VACCINE, BABY!!!!!

Default Re: It's happening!!! VACCINE, BABY!!!!!

Gosh, how great would this be!!! Hoping it can cover all 30+ strains, and that it will last for years!! If they need humans for trial, here I am!!!!

Wow, that would be awesome!
    I wonder how they are trialling it (not read the whole article, so sorry if it does say!)
    Do they have to actually have to infect someone with norovirus do you think?

Omg there could be a vaccine coming norovirus!!! I just literally flashed my teeth in a smile and shed a tear as i read!!! I dont care how many years it takes!!! This is a miracle!!! The world, especially us, needs this vaccine!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Syrup you are a goddess among goddesses, thank you for posting!

I have shared this article with my two friends who know about my Emetophobia and just how severe it actually is. After that, I decided to write a simple fact "sheet" about norovirus. Here it is:

Norovirus is a virus. It is not a flu, though foolish people tend to call it the stomach flu. This is why flu vaccines, as well as antibacterial products, do not kill norovirus. Washing your hands very thoroughly and very often all year is the best way to rid yourself of any possible norovirus, as you are washing the virus down the sink. Norovirus can only make you ill if you ingest it because it attacks your digestive track.

If you share this article, I'd recommend informing people what exactly norovirus is. Both of my friends did not know what norovirus is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

looks like it is targeting the 2 biggest strains. fine by me. 2 out of 30 is a start.

thanks for posting, Syrup!

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    looks like it is targeting the 2 biggest strains. fine by me. 2 out of 30 is a start.

thanks for posting, Syrup!
    By two biggest strains, that should take care of most of it. I'm assuming the remaining 28+ are a lot more minor than the two they're targeting.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Sounds wonderful. Hopefully it works. I guess time will tell....

Thank you so much for posting this, Syrup. Can't wait!! Haven't seen you on for a while or maybe just missed you. Hope all is well with you and your family.

This would be amazing!!!!

I'm hoping they have good success here with these clinical trials. Earlier trials have already proved this concept works in theory, and that it reduces or eliminates 60+% of severe v* and d* and for about 30% of the recipients protects from infection altogether. I hope they do better this round, even though the earlier studies weren't a total disappointment. All of us will still need to work on our anxiety and keep up with better than good handwashing but this may reduce a great source of anxiety for us, and protect a lot of people who are vulnerable to more serious physical harms from noro.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    I'm hoping they have good success here with these clinical trials. Earlier trials have already proved this concept works in theory, and that it reduces or eliminates 60+% of severe v* and d* and for about 30% of the recipients protects from infection altogether. I hope they do better this round, even though the earlier studies weren't a total disappointment. All of us will still need to work on our anxiety and keep up with better than good handwashing but this may reduce a great source of anxiety for us, and protect a lot of people who are vulnerable to more serious physical harms from noro.
    JK said it perfect 👏🏽! The numbers before were awesome and if they increase even better! And while the vaccine can spare a lot of anxiety for us emets, we still haven't o work to getting through this. A vaccine isn't a cure for us but a life saver (literally) for many people. I'm not one for vaccines but I would do this one for our family, and I'm sure many people would because who wants to see their children suffer or themselves suffer?

On a comical-ish note to make everyone feel better about their habits, maybe with this vaccine i'll wash my hands 99 times a day instead of 100! Then again, that's 365 missed hand washings so maybe not.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Again, we can only hope for this vaccine. It still may be years, but I don't care how long it'll take. Common people need this vaccine to not die and emetophobics need this vaccine to live with more reassurance and less anxiety (24/7 and attacks).

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Jess - LOL! My thoughts exactly. I'll still be nuts, but maybe a tiny bit less certifiable.

OMG!! This is amazing news! Thanks for posting!

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

I was about to make a thread about this when I stumbled over the article earlier today, but as I guessed, of course you all know about it already, I'm just super late, lol! Anyway, I'm so excited for this, hopefully there will be a vaccine on the market in the future. Also, a company called Vaxart is developing a oral vaccination pill and it's entering its first clinical trial phase!