Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Disaster!!!!!!

Oh my God, I'm going to die!!! I was talking to my mum downstairs and we were watching t.v and this v* scene came on so I squealed and ran away and when I came back, Mum said "What was that about, why do you always do that now?" and I said "Mum, I have a phobia of people being sick you know that!" and then she said "But after you came back from vicky"(My counseller)"You were all confident about it, it's that site isn't it, it's influencing you because you're surrounded by people with the same problem, I'm going to have to ban you from there soon" And I just couldn't beleive it, I was like "Mum you wouldn't!" and she went "I could!" and now I'm scared what if she does ban me what would I do? She doesn't know how great it feels that I'm not a freak and when I have a bad experience there are people who are actually sympathetic. Guys what am I going to do to change her mind?

I have the same problem with my mum, exacty! She thinks i'm going to get cured after a few counselling sessions but I'm sure that wont happen! The only way you can get her to change her mind is to show her how bad this phobia is, or maybewrite it down in a letter to her, that way you can get everything out about how hard it is to have this fear, and you can do it uninterupted. I'm sorry your mum is putting you under extra stress but you need to tell her how serious this is to you.

Hiya hannah!

That is so weird, my mum said that to me aswell today! She thinks that maybe because I'm around ppl who are going thru the same thing, that i will start to accept it and stop trying to cure myself!!
    I dont understand mothers sometimes! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    I'm sure thatyour motherwouldnt ban it, if u showed her that ur really trying hard to help urself thru this? I think its best if u explain to her how much this site means to u, and how the support is helping u, and not hindering ur progress - thats wat i done!

Rachel xxx

Hey Hannah,

I am sorry about what your mother said!! I have went through the same thing with my parents a while after I first joined the site. But I told them just how much you guys mean to me and how much I love and care for you guys and vise versa. how we help eachother and support eachother, and I even showed them the website, and they backed off. I don't think they fully understand justhow great this place is or how much it has given me, but they know that I have people who care about me and vice versa on here and people that make me happy and that understand what I am going through and that make it easier to deal.

So try showing your mother this site? Maybe show her a few helpful and supportiveposts and she may change her mind? I doubt she will ban you, though. She probably said that out of anger and frustration.

By the way, I just had to add that my first therapist was named Vicky too![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope she doesn't ban you from here, because there is no way that a
    couple therapy sessions can sure someone of a phobia. If my parents
    knew I came here, I'm sure I'd be banned aswell. Possibly your mom was
    saying that because she was annoyed by you getting scared and running
    out? My Mom does that a lot aswell. She'll threaten to throw up right
    in front of me. *shudder*

-Anna

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoseri
    My Mom does that a lot aswell. She'll threaten to throw up right in front of me. *shudder*

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! OMG!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]THAT'S AWFUL RHINOSERI!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hannah, I think that if you calmly explain your feelings about the way this site helps you, she will understand that it is not standing in your way, but really helping you through your phobia. Don't let her ban you because we'll all miss you!!!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by siafi
    Don't let her ban you because we'll all miss you!!!

AGREED HANNAH aka. Avatar Queen!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Ok thanks guys, my mum has work today but I'll speak to her when she gets home.

awwwww nooooo hannah!

You need to explain to her that everyone one on here helpes each other get through this phobia,

and you canhelp other by telling them what your counsellor says to you etc.

She can't ban you from here, thats jsut wrong! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Hannah - my boyfriend wasnt happy when i first came here - he said it was influencing me - this was 2 yrs ago now - and i guess then it was abit - but now he knows that it helps. i dont even talk to my parents abt the whole thing - they have never understood or sympathised and i doubt they ever will.

tell your mum why you come here - show her all teh advice that is available to you online.

Hannah that is terrible terrible news... i really really REALLY REALLY REEEEAAALLLLLYYYYYY hope she doesnt ban you. ur an vital part of this family!!!!

i hope u can talk her around it.. i know my mother went thru a stage of that.. but she never actually did it .. mainly because she knew i'd go in here anyway probably.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: