Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default unable to eat much

does anyone else get really hungry but when they actually put food in their mouth they find it difficult swallow? I'm really struggling to eat and I think that's making my anxiety worse. my stomach kinda vaguely hurts because I haven't eaten a decent since Sunday.

anyone else have this?

Default Re: unable to eat much

I had something similar a long time ago. It was just anxiety. Try talking yourself out of feeling anxious when you are trying to eat. Remind yourself that you are fine and that your body needs food for fuel. Eat smaller, more frequent meals with lots of protein.

I find drinking some water before eating helps. It wets my mouth and helps the food dissolve better. I also take really small bites with tiny sips of water in between.

This tends to happen to me when I go past my "normal weight" phase due to stress or whatever game my stomach is playing....

Don't force anything though just try crackers...then bread, then toast...rice etc. The way I got rid of being like that was literally just eating foods I loved, even cookies anD crisps