Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Damn stories!

Default Damn stories!

Within the last 2 minutes I heard 2 v stories - one real and one not. 5 min ago I requested lunch to be made for all of us! Now I have no appetite at all - I don't even want to finish my milk and cinnamon based spanish drink! My mind is wandering and it won't stop. I'll be fine, but now I'll have to force myself to eat lunch. Felling anxiety, sadness, and anger. Anyone else feel loss of appetite, anxiety, sadness, and anger when people share a story about v (not a storytelling 'party,' just one or two semi-graphic stories)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Default Re: Damn stories!

It's funny Jess, I was out last night walking with the bf and he was telling me of his drunken escapades the night prior. How he was sitting by the loo waiting to v* for hours, getting all graphic. He wanted to apparently, to get the alcohol out. Nothing happened though but he had d* and a hangover headache earlier in the day. As he was describing it, I got more and more n*. And you know my episodes from the past two days. Well this was after I had just eaten my first "real" food so I was anxious as all hell.

When I was little, we read Ramona in my third grade class. There was a book where she was ill and I asked my teacher if I could close my ears. Luckily she was sympathetic and allowed me to tune it out for that part.

But yeah, I can totally relate. Sometimes it's delayed for me. I'll read or hear about it, not panicking as it's far away (like someone from 2 states away has sv or something) or it happened 2 days ago or whatever....so I'll hear about it and be fine but subconsciously I think about it and anxiety brews and affects me for days later. Also I feel we ted to be empathetic and/or highly imaginative, allowing us to fully imagine ourselves in their shoes to some capacity...and it freaks us out and replays in our minds as part of our phobia.

I have a school story to share. In the fall, my US History class was having an off-topic conversation. We had just read a dairy entry of an immigrant coming to the US in the late 1800's. It said "the man next to me was s**s**k, as many of the travelers were." So my teacher engaged the class in a conversation about s**s**lness, which got very graphic! After what was probably too minutes of classmates and the teacher sharing stories about s**s**kness, my heart was racing too fast and I was breathing too fast and I was sweating so much that I began to feel faint. Normally silent in class, I raised my hand as high as I could. He instantly called on me. "Sir, I am not comfortable with this conversation!" I said loudly, my voice full of stress. He looked at me funny for a second, then nodded with his eyebrows squinted said "okay." Then, he called on another kid to share their story! Once they had started, I knew I had to get the hell out of there! I stood up very abruptly. "May I please go I the hallway?!" He squinted his even rows and nodded again, this time silent. I stormed out into the hallway and collapsed next to the door. I was shaking and crying. I backed up against the locker, having a panic attack, and tucked in my legs. At one point I managed to stand, but that only lasted a minute or so before I sank back to the floor. 10 min or so later, he came back and made me rejoin the class. I had calmed down enough by then, and the conversation was over. After that (thursday or Friday), holloween came, and on monday he pulled me aside. He knew I went out with my younger friend and his younger friend. He asked if I got a lot of candy, and I nodded, emotionless. He told me (lying, clearly) that he and his sons got so much candy that they almost "got s**k." What an asshole! He never brought it up again or apologized all year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Hello Jess. Sorry I missed your message. I don't know if this reply is just to you - I suspect it is 'open'. Such a lot to learn! x

Hello jess? I have exactly the same feelings when I hear/read such stories. I'm such a state . Thank you for sharing xxx.
    I'm new here, and would be interested in learning how I can get over this curse!

Hello Jess. Can we go on 'chat'?

I have a school story to share. In the fall, my US History class was having an off-topic conversation. We had just read a dairy entry of an immigrant coming to the US in the late 1800's. It said "the man next to me was s**s**k, as many of the travelers were." So my teacher engaged the class in a conversation about s**s**lness, which got very graphic! After what was probably too minutes of classmates and the teacher sharing stories about s**s**kness, my heart was racing too fast and I was breathing too fast and I was sweating so much that I began to feel faint. Normally silent in class, I raised my hand as high as I could. He instantly called on me. "Sir, I am not comfortable with this conversation!" I said loudly, my voice full of stress. He looked at me funny for a second, then nodded with his eyebrows squinted said "okay." Then, he called on another kid to share their story! Once they had started, I knew I had to get the hell out of there! I stood up very abruptly. "May I please go I the hallway?!" He squinted his even rows and nodded again, this time silent. I stormed out into the hallway and collapsed next to the door. I was shaking and crying. I backed up against the locker, having a panic attack, and tucked in my legs. At one point I managed to stand, but that only lasted a minute or so before I sank back to the floor. 10 min or so later, he came back and made me rejoin the class. I had calmed down enough by then, and the conversation was over. After that (thursday or Friday), holloween came, and on monday he pulled me aside. He knew I went out with my younger friend and his younger friend. He asked if I got a lot of candy, and I nodded, emotionless. He told me (lying, clearly) that he and his sons got so much candy that they almost "got s**k." What an asshole! He never brought it up again or apologized all year.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.