Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: please help me

Default please help me

I know it's late and I'm not going to get a response until the morning but I'm really scared. I drank tonight but not that much--I had 2 beers, 1 glass of wine, and 1 shot of Fire Ball, and this was all paced over a good amount of time. Well, it's 4:30 am right now and my stomach is killing me. I drank hours ago, maybe 5 hours ago. The pain is above my belly button, a steady cramp. I'm on my period but it's ending, I usually don't get pain toward the end of my period. The pain started right before I was getting ready to go to sleep (of course) at around 3. I tried to ignore it. I even went to the br (had a bm) and thought it was simply gas. Well, I don't know if I had a bad dream or what but I was just forcefully jolted out of sleep, I just shot out of bed all panicked, thinking I was about to v*. I couldn't stay in bed after that, I was really panicked and still am. My stomach hurts really badly and I don't know what to do. I don't have to poop (sorry, TMI) and I'm not really all that gassy. It makes me feel better that I'm not really n* but not really because I still feel like crap. Am I going to v*??? I feel like with alcohol it doesn't last this long--if you're going to V* you'd just DO it. I should also mention that I recently started taking birth control and I'm concerned that it also has something to do with that. Ugh, please help me. A few words of wisdom would mean the world to me right now. But it's the middle of the night and I just want to be asleep like everyone else!!!!!!

Default Re: please help me

I had a sort of same feeling the other night. I think it was heartburn. I felt the exact same as you did, my stomach hurt really badly but everything else was fine. I took a couple of tums and it eased away. I hope you feel better

hopefully the feeling has passed but I'm gonna guess it is just your stomach lining hurting, esp from the fireball. I bartended for years, that is hard on your lining. Next time be sure to eat some carbs before to line your tummy. And if you get that feeling after drinking, have some water and maybe a slice of bread of some crackers. It will be fine. Next time, pick one alcohol....beer OR wine OR hard liquor. ok?

Thank you so much for your responses. That sounds spot on, mdgirl, pain in the stomach lining. I had it again tonight but was with a friend who I'm not super close to so I played it cool and eventually it went away. Yeah, as I was drinking all those diff alcohols, I knew I shouldn't have been mixing. Anyway, I feel better now and I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight (I also felt crappy this morning!). I've never had heartburn before but that def sounds like a possibility. No more drinking for me for a little while for sure.