Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Visual youtube video. Now anxious!

Hi i'm new here. I was watching some youtube videos on reactions to acceptance letters to university and accidentally clicked a video where the girl v* and immediately clicked off, but now I can't get it out of my head. Just those few images. I'm trying to distract myself by watching a nice pixar movie but do any of you have any ideas on how to lower my panic? ?

Default Re: Visual youtube video. Now anxious!

You're doing the right thing to lower your panic! I hate triggering shows, movies, and videos! They always make me panic - some more than others. The best way to lower panic like this is to distract your mind with something else. The Pixar movie, as long as it isn't triggering, is a great way to distract your mind!

Here's a story for you - around March we were watching a WWII movie in US History class. About 45 seconds in, as it was showing soldiers crammed onto a small boat, one of the soldiers v (not real, but graphic, actually showing the v). It was horrible! The scene cut away right after, and didn't go back to that part. I had a panic attack from the sudden, graphic triggering video. I plugged my ears and stared at my iPad (replaced paper and pencil) until class was over. Oh, how I wish I was warned!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

aww that must have been awful.

Yes, it was rather horrible. And that was the second panic attack in that class... second! Is the video mostly off your mind now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.