Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling Good about everything

I hope this will help a few people.
    I did and still do have emetophobia and was pretty bad up until a few months ago: panic attacks, avid cleanliness, avoidance tactics. I really wanted to get my hands on the Thrive Book and was excited when it came. I worked through the book, was pretty consitent at reading it and eventually got hooked because through the chapters, I kept feeling progressively better. When I finished it, I wasn't expecting to be miraculously cured because that's unrealistic, but I feel a WHOLE lot better. I haven't had a proper panic attack in months, I don't ever think about being sick anymore . Whereas the thought crossed my mind at least 5 times a day before I read the book, now I don't think about it at all. I have a new stomach ache problem thing but I never worry when I get those stomach aches.

My younger sister was ill a month ago, and she had taken up residence in my bed that morning (she was cuddling the cat which was also in my bed). When I got home later, having left her, I find out that she vomited a few hours ago (not in me room though). Whereas my initial thought was that I was right not to have let her stay in my bed, and I was probably doomed to catch whatever she had, I didn't panic.
    I asked her what it felt like and she described it to me very kindly: all the sensations. That explanation really helped and didn't make it sound all that bad, and she was fine afterwards so I reckoned that I could be too if it ever happened to me.

Basically I'm saying that a) The Thrive Book is fantastic and I highly reccommend it. b) It does get better. c) Sometimes knowing what to expect when it happens can be a relieving and relaxing foresight that makes it easier to do.

Wish you all well in your recoveries x

Default Re: Feeling Good about everything

Fantastic!!!! You should definitely send the feedback to the thrive team as I think it would really encourage them but thanks for posting , so glad you've been in a lessened emet mindset!!