Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Vacation question/concern

Hi Everyone - I am going away for a long weekend next weekend. My worry is that I have to take a one hour and 15 minute boat ride. I am SO nervous about it that I can't think of anything else. I've been on this boat before and it has been fine - but now I am obsessively looking at the weather to make sure it won't be stormy etc. The last time I went was so much fun but my panic about the boat is making me nuts. Also - when you get on the boat - they have a whole shelf full of bags for v* - I seriously cannot even. Anyway - every person I am going with has been on this boat MANY times and said they've never seen anyone get s* - but still. Do any of you have any advice? THANK YOU all for being here. XOXOXOX - Anne

Default Re: Vacation question/concern

Hi Anne!

I have felt this feeling too when getting on boats - I have lived for 27 years without feeling s* on a boat but when my anxiety is high (has been so the past couple of years) I feel nervous that I will feel that way when on a boat...I carry dramamine and ginger gum, and you could also wear those wrist bands that help with motion s* just in case. Another option is the small patch that goes behind your ear - no one would notice and maybe it would quell your fears.

Good luck! HAVE FUN!

My mother gets very seasick and Dramamine has always helped. Take that (the non-drowsy kind) with some peppermint mints (used to be my go-to) and try and have fun! Boating is a blast!

Thank you for the replies. I will def take Dramamine. I think I am more worried about being next to someone who DOESN'T take it. UGH. So stressful. Thank you thank you. XO

And I will also try to remember that th
    ere are people (like you Jedi) who like boating! I will be carrying you in my mind!