Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anyone there?

Default Anyone there?

So I hate days like this..it makes me want to end everything. I am useless as a mother and wife I know it is hard for my husband to deal with me and it just isn't right that my son has to be raised by a crazy mother. I just feel useless because this fear has taken over my life.

Default Re: Anyone there?

I am a mom too. It is a really cruel phobia, I know. What's going on? Why do you feel useless?

And FYI - everyone is a little nutty, seriously. Neither of my parents are emets, but they both have quirks. Everyone has their quirks. I am sure you make it up to them in other ways, like being loving, funny, smart, a good cook, make sure they have a clean home, a good listener, do art, etc. Everyone has something!

That really made me smile! I think my quirks are definitely my OCD because it's not your typical OCD that I am diagnosed with. I get to doing some funny things when I am going through my rituals to not v* I get embarrassed sometimes because I will have to do them in public sometimes because when I feel that dooming feeling that it is going to happen to do my rituals. I feel useless because my husband cannot take me on dates with many people around, he can't make love to me as much as husband and wife should because I am so paranoid of v* or I feel n*, I do take my son to the park but I am that mom yelling "don't touch that, you're to small for that, wash your hand, don't go down that slide it's dirty.." and other parents just think I am nut because I cannot even let my 3 year old have a good time because of my anxieties and phobias.

LOL i was the same way at the park! Honestly, I just pack wet wipes and purell and reminded him not to put his fingers in his mouth/nose/eyes and as soon as we got in the car, he was slathered in sanitizer. Try that. Deep breaths. Kids get dirty. It's not that bad.

And yeah, I can't go out at all. To eat, nothing. I've been single for 6 years! And I am pretty and educated and should have a normal life. I also have terrible OCD, so I understand what you mean. Most of mine is around food or safety (locking doors, etc).

See, it isn't that bad. You can DM me anytime. As a fellow mom emet, I get it. Another mom on here is Syrup and she would be a great resource to you as well. She has boys too!

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I am a mom too. It is a really cruel phobia, I know. What's going on? Why do you feel useless?

And FYI - everyone is a little nutty, seriously. Neither of my parents are emets, but they both have quirks. Everyone has their quirks. I am sure you make it up to them in other ways, like being loving, funny, smart, a good cook, make sure they have a clean home, a good listener, do art, etc. Everyone has something!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    LOL i was the same way at the park! Honestly, I just pack wet wipes and purell and reminded him not to put his fingers in his mouth/nose/eyes and as soon as we got in the car, he was slathered in sanitizer. Try that. Deep breaths. Kids get dirty. It's not that bad.

And yeah, I can't go out at all. To eat, nothing. I've been single for 6 years! And I am pretty and educated and should have a normal life. I also have terrible OCD, so I understand what you mean. Most of mine is around food or safety (locking doors, etc).

See, it isn't that bad. You can DM me anytime. As a fellow mom emet, I get it. Another mom on here is Syrup and she would be a great resource to you as well. She has boys too!
    Thank you so so kuch!

That all sounds like me, the weird mom who won't let their kids do anything. And if they have a friend, I "accidentally" drill them on how they are, feeling well lately, how about your family. Have actually sent a kid home because he had been recently sick. In my defense, he had gotten my boy's sick a number of times and that was about all I could take. I felt horrible for it though. My kids were kinda happy though, not sure why. We hike in the woods alot, not as much to get into. Just don't like streams where there are alot of people.