Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: SV

Default SV

Does anyone else feel constant fear of an SV? I work with kids and im always worried "That kid is coming down with one" I dont know how to deal with it anymore it causes so much stress in my life! I always think im n* but never v* like almost everyday i feel this way. Its terrible. I wash my hands a lot but I still live in fear. Anytime I feel a little off I automatically think i have one.

Default Re: SV

With people always posting about sv and telling others about their sv, we see it as a big threat. Almost all of us here fear noro and it's relatives, as they'll make us n and most likely make us v. The thing to remember is how incredibly clean we are. The virus needs to be swallowed to work, as it attacks the digestive track. Always wash up really well before eating, as always. Don't stick your hands in your mouth, a given. Don't share food or drink with a possibly ill person or a person who hasn't washed their hands. Prepare food in a clean environment. There's almost no chance of us catching a sv with how clean we are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

I'm dealing with this now and notice my n* is always bad the higher my anxiety. Sv is my worst fear next to death. I also notice I have ibs-d when I'm anxious so I feel n* and have d*! Ahhh it's crippling truly. You're not alone.

I also have a great deal of anxiety as I am at the age to have children and am considering not despite wanting them. Not even about the morning sickness (although that's pretty awful as well) but the fact that my "clean/safe" zone would be compromised with a young child that carris aND spreads viruses

I agree with jess - I think our brains rush to that conclusion cos we see/think about it ALOT with this fear!!! The second I had ALOT of stress in university that focused on drama, my mind was on arguments and stuff instead of v*... it was a rough time but it shrunk my emet immensely ...

I became more aware of it once my daughter was born. I belong to a mom group where all our babies were born in the same month. This past winter everyone was posting how they were coming down with a sv*, it sent me into high panic. Still get anxious about it.

I think we all do.

I recently heard that staffers from California brought it to the RNC and it made me anxious. Not because I'm any where near Cleveland or, even if I were, would go to the RNC...I just don't like hearing about it!