Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Dairy free cheese

Hi ya'll.

I apologize for posting so much lately--I guess my anxiety has been especially bad.

I'm trying (and often failing) to stick to a gluten-free, dairy-free diet for some medical reasons. Tonight, I bought boxed GF DF mac and cheese. It was good, I thought. It tasted like regular mac and cheese. But of course about an hour or more after I ate it, I got to thinking...there are probably so many ingredients in here that my body just isn't used to. So I turned to the enemy--Google. And I Googled (why? WHY?) "Daiya mac and cheese food poisoning." Well, I found what I was looking for. A woman wrote about becoming "violently ill" after eating the product, "food-poisoning-like ill." I know this doesn't mean she got food poisoning, but it does mean that she reacted negatively to one or more of the ingredients in the product. Luckily, the other reviews were fine (but honestly, there aren't many on the site).

So I know this is just one woman and we have drastically different bodies and she can have very specific dietary needs, but if one person can get sick from this product, surely I can too. I feel fine now and I ate the stuff about 2 hours ago. I am seriously just counting the hours now and hoping to be in the clear in about an hour or two (because I figure I'd feel sick already if it was going to make me sick). Is that a safe assumption? I don't know. I will surely give myself a stomach ache and make me n for sure. God help me.

Default Re: Dairy free cheese

Update: My stomach is cramping up above my belly button

i cannot eat any lactose and eat those products constantly. I have always been fine!

I'm vegan, and having tried most of Daiya's products many times, I can say that I have never gotten sick from any of their products, including the mac and cheese I think people can have reactions to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by alesh31 View Post
    Hi ya'll.

I apologize for posting so much lately--I guess my anxiety has been especially bad.

I'm trying (and often failing) to stick to a gluten-free, dairy-free diet for some medical reasons. Tonight, I bought boxed GF DF mac and cheese. It was good, I thought. It tasted like regular mac and cheese. But of course about an hour or more after I ate it, I got to thinking...there are probably so many ingredients in here that my body just isn't used to. So I turned to the enemy--Google. And I Googled (why? WHY?) "Daiya mac and cheese food poisoning." Well, I found what I was looking for. A woman wrote about becoming "violently ill" after eating the product, "food-poisoning-like ill." I know this doesn't mean she got food poisoning, but it does mean that she reacted negatively to one or more of the ingredients in the product. Luckily, the other reviews were fine (but honestly, there aren't many on the site).

So I know this is just one woman and we have drastically different bodies and she can have very specific dietary needs, but if one person can get sick from this product, surely I can too. I feel fine now and I ate the stuff about 2 hours ago. I am seriously just counting the hours now and hoping to be in the clear in about an hour or two (because I figure I'd feel sick already if it was going to make me sick). Is that a safe assumption? I don't know. I will surely give myself a stomach ache and make me n for sure. God help me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.