Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anyone do this?

I always get a fresh glass whenever i have a drink, unless i have had sight of the glass i used for a drink previously and am 100% sure that no one else has had a drink from it. When im at home my family gets angry at me cause i use at least 5-6 glasses a day. I can have an exception to this if i put a stick-it-note on my glass saying "DONT DRINK FROM THIS GLASS!" and put the glass in a place where no one is likely to see it to pick it up and drink from it.

Does anyone else do this? Just interested cause its one of the most annoying everyday things that my emet causes

(billy)

My ex boyfriend used to do that, and he was most definitely not an emet!!! He did it because when he was in a fraternity the other guys would do disgusting things to cups that were left sitting around!!! ANd then you would get a nasty surprise when you drank from it again!!!

Why not just buy yourself a water bottle and wash it every morning or night, whenever is most convenient. Then you aren't dirtying up dishes and you know that bottle is yours and everyone else will know too! You can also decorate your cup or bottle with paint pens or stickers
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I use just one glass a day for my water but then there's just me and my fiance in the household and if he drinks from it it obviously doesn't bother me as I get more germs from kissing him [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

billy, I do that! But mainly only because I don't like to think that flies have been crawling around the rim if I've left it unattended, lol...particularly in the summer, because as i'm sure you know, there are alot of flies in Australia!

I only live with my mum and dad, so I don't worry about anyone else drinking out of it...just creepy crawlies! Even though it wouldn't hurt me, its just a habit I'm in, like you.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Hmm, we could start a new glass-replacing trend....

Yeh, im not so scared of the flies and such as our house is fairly well sealed but im still scared of a family memeber drinking from it, and i get really really annoyed when they do.....just like when the milk is off....or the table is dirty...etc etc etc

(billy)

Iuse paper and plastic products-especially when someone is ill.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon