Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default HELP - feel horrible!!!

Please help me asap!!! Earlier today my stomach was feeling a bit off, but I paid no mind to it. Then, at swim practice, I was very overworked, and it got worse. I thought it was just hunger, so I ate a quarter of sub. And then it got even worse! That was an hour ago and it's not better. I took two Tums and have been relaxing. I had a regular bm and am passing gas. Not getting better. It feels horrible - a mixture of cramps from being overworked, cramps from gas, being very full (although I am not), and n. I can feel the n in my throat and stomach. I am feeling very panicky and I'm doing my calming techniques: deep breathing, siting back and relaxing, watching a non-triggering tv show. Please help me because I'm terrified that I'll v!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Default Re: HELP - feel horrible!!!

Although I know that nobody is reading this, I just wanted to say that I woke up and I feel a bit better. My stomach still feels off, and I'm still n, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday and the stomach cramps are gone. I'm going to take it easy for lunch and at swim today, hoping to keep it under control. Any help still appreciated! I'm definetly not in the clear yet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. If you have not v* by now, you should be fine

Sorry you did not get a sooner response...might have been time zone differences. I am in South Africa so my time zone is similar to the UK and Europe but hours of difference from the Americas and Australia

I got an appetite and just ate a bit of food. Still feeling as I did before I ate. I'm so glad it isn't as bad as it was last night. I posted that kind of late for me (live in Eastern US), I know, but usually there are people on around that time. I couldn't find anyone in the chat that I knew to ask for help, as I did 21 days ago, so I made a panic post hoping somebody would see it. And I guess nobody saw it through the night. Anyway, I woke up still feeling slight n and slight bad stomach, which I still feel. But at least, unless it gets worse, I'm probably not going to v. I'm sure last night's panic made it worse than it actually was.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Hey Jess, one reason you didn't get a response is because you posted this in the public help and support forums, which is much less heavily travelled than the private help and support or private genberal discussion. Glad you're feeling better.

Yeah, that makes sense. I took it really easy and I feel almost completely fine!

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Sorry you didn't get a response when you needed it. Glad you are feeling better now.
    I always find the private forums get a better response if you are in need if a quick reply

I guess I was saving "room" for posts that were more urgent. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, and those who had something worse that they needed help with should be priority for replies.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.