Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well today was the day that the community nurse and pysicatric doctor came to my home.And i was so nervouse,i have met the CPN before but the doctor i hadn't and i must have visited the toilet a good 4 times before they came LOL!!!!!

I've had this sort of visit before and it's just a waste of time as the NHS just dosen't have enough people working in the mental health dept and i find i can open up my heart and tell them how things are difficult for me and then it's like letting your barrier down ,to feel so ashamed about your life,.cry because u miss your family so much and i always feel they look at me strange when i explain that some things can be difficult for me to do as my phobia is such a big part of my life.....Well after the last time they came out and explaining that i was agrophobic they offered me counselling for breavement but i had to travel to a clinic about 20mins away,not only is it hard to get out but the place i had to go was my doctors,Which of course could only happen to me,but a kid was sick right in front of me the last time i visited,so as u can probably understand,getting out of my home is difficult but to go to a place that reminds me of my worse fear and sit and talk about my breavement was just not working for me,and i just felt like everything i said about my agrophobia had just gone over these therapist heads......So i was waiting for the thoughts today and they have said depending on what support they have,they will get back to me after it gets discussed on friday when all the therapist get together.They have said i might get an occupational therapist which would be great but i'm just going to keep my fingers crossed......

Anyway i thought i'd keep u up 2 date with whats gone on in my exciting life today....

Vicky xx

Hey Vicky!!!

I know how hard it is to let your guard down and tell a complete stranger about your problems and all that goes on inside of you!! When I first started, therapy, I was so hesitant to share my thoughts/ideas/and feelings with anyone because I felt they would all laugh at me or look at me like I was weird or ceritfy me looney. Plus, with some doctors, it does seem like it all goes over their heads. I know how you feel.

I don't know how I exactly got over this fear. I think what I did was tell a little bit more each session, and once I got to trusting the therapist, I just poured it all out. Sometimes it is easier to look at the floor or somewhere else when you are talking about things that may upset you. In therapy, I almost always look away from my therapist when I am telling her things. That may help you also. I'm not sure if this technique is helpful for everyone though.

Another thing that I have read on this site which I thought would be helpful to you is why not write down all of the feelings you have and write down everything you want to say to the therapist? That way, you can either read it to him/her or let them read it and it won't seem so bad.

I really hope this helps, Vicky!! I'm not the best advice-giver here!! I know where you are coming from though, and I will most defientely keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the help you need and deserve!!

Keep us posted!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i wil keep my fingers crossed for you tooo... and i can also relate to feeling scared about letting down ur "barrier".

i felot, when i first went to see my psychiatrist for the first time, i had completly opened up to this stranger, about my phobia, for the first time ever. and for him to turn around and not really help AT ALL... well. yeah. i just felt extremely exposed... and i felt vulnerable... and i felt sensitive..

but, then i strted talking to my social worker, and altho it was harder for me to let this barrier between me adn her break down, i managed it, and its the best thing i hav ever done. thers no point going thru therapy unless u are prepared to be COMPLETELY honest about what u r suffering, and to not hold nething back.

anyway, sorry if tht was a bit off the point...

tke care

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.