Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Urgent!

Hybrid View

Default Urgent!

I was shopping around victorias secret when my throat started to tingle kinda, pins and needles feeling. Was just irritated when I swallowed then it started to feel like it was closing. That was a half hour ago now Im very nauseous and throat is still funny and my stomach really hurts.

I ate a strawberry banana crepe this morning and a cliff bar not too long ago. Can I be getting sick in any way? My lower stomach is really cramping. I want to call the hospital but Im not at home and I dont think I have my care card. Im trying like hell to calm down.

Default Re: Urgent!

Is that all you ate today? A crepe and a clif bar? you probably need more food. No reason to go to the hospital. ZERO. Don't go to a hospital. That is unecessary.

My advice - get some water or ginger ale. Sit down. Sip the drink. Maybe get something small to eat, like a plain bagel or something. You will be fine. Your throat is a muscle and it can clench up for no reason. Sounds like anxiety, to be honest.

It lasted for about an hour and a half. Breathing restricted and throat closing, i wasnt like hyperventilating or anything I was a little panicked. It happened about a half hour after I ate the cliff bar so I didnt think it was cause I needed to eat more, but maybe. Im not so nauseous anymore but Im.still scared to eat just because of how close to being sick I was (salvating/stomach jumping) but I know i have to eat..

That sounds like am an allergic reaction to me... I'd avoid both of those until you have a chance to talk to your doctor about the possibility of them being allergy triggers.

It really did seem like an allergic reaction. Just because it started as a prickly feeling when I swallowed. Then felt closing.. now today I have a coated throat. Just what I needed, have a doctors appt since Im home now

what flavor clif bar? I can't eat anything with pineapple or kiwi. my throat closes. Usually, clif is good about sourcing things that don't cause allergies. But I only eat cool mint chocolate, chocolate chip or chocolate brownie. did you have a peanut one?

Ito does sound like an allergic reaction, but I've also experienced throat closing sensations due to anxiety