Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: All about v*

I came across this link: http://faq.emetophobia.net/vomiting.html Some of you may have seen it b4, but it tells you everything you need to know about v*, why it happens and lots of other things like why we detest eating the last thing we ate b4 v*. It isn't gory or horrific with no illustrations. I just thought it might answer a lot of questions that i have seen posted here over the past few months like: incubation perid of sv, how long is one contagious after catching a sv, food poisoning and if/how it can be passed on. It also explains the mechanism from the brain sending the message to the stomach and what happens. It really is a goodlink to read and it has definately made me much more aware of certain things. So, if you want to find out more, but don't want the horrible graphics/photos etc., visit http://faq.emetophobia.net/vomiting.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yeah, i just found that this morning, and there are alot of tips on how to prevent the dreaded happening as far as possible. definately worth a look!</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 153, 51);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 153, 51);">jen</span>

<font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

I read that faq a while ago, I found it very calming I reccommend people read it, if they haven't already- it certainly helps you think more rationally about v*.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

And it was written by an emet wasn't it? I'm sure it was writte by the same person who wrote the emet FAQ at least.

i have to say the emet section is very calming especially the emetophobia FAQ especially the part about emetophobics rarley if ever V* it really is a great page to look at
    visit me here

I'm so glad you all found it useful. I had a feeling it might have been written by an emet, but wasn't sure.

Thanks for the link, I' m going to go take a look:O)
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

yes that link is awesome! it made me think about doing it, but then it said that it is voluntary! haha and i wanna get that phregana stuff.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

That is a great website, thanks so much!

Yes, it was written by an emet, and that emet is me.

Doug

Well done Doug - it is brilliantly written with sensitivity at all times. You deserve one huge pat on the back. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Mind you i know who to contact now if i get any questions about v*! [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

Thank a billion.

Stella

Maybe Im just weird but reading all that made me nervous and
    scared to go out in public. I don't want to get sick. I did learn
    that tums wont help me, so I won't take them. But that is all
    really scary to read. Am I alone on that one?
    I love Sam

Ruby,

Please don't be scared and nervous. Perhaps upon reflection you will find there is strength and power in having knowledge. You have come a long way so far and you can go further.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    Maybe Im just weird but reading all that made me nervous and
    scared to go out in public. I don't want to get sick. I did learn
    that tums wont help me, so I won't take them. But that is all
    really scary to read. Am I alone on that one?

Ruby, you are not alone. I read the article and now I feel just darn horrible nervous... I got an anxiety attack just thinking about v*...

I think it was well written and very informative, thanks for posting it!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh