Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: panics

Default panics

does anyone have any good solution for when panic itself makes you feel a bit n*? my phobia was kinda ok till lately when I've started to think that a panic attack itself might make me v*. before I'd only panic if I had some weird stomach symptom then the minute I realised it was just panic I'd calm down.

I know this sounds kinda circular but that's probably because I'm a bit panicky now.

I should mention I've had many panics over the years and IT has never happened yet.

Default Re: panics

Being panicky about v makes us feel n sometimes. We have to calm the panic and the n will go with it. I strongly doubt that panic attacks themselves will make you v. The n is just from panic, not from something such as a sv or fp. When it's not just panic contributing to the n, then you should consider that you might possibly v.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

thanks Jess. I wish I'd never got this stupid thought in my head. panics attacks had no effect on me for years because I realised they weren't a stomach bug or something so I was fine (and therefore the panic attacks vanished).

It's hard to logically think "okay, this n is just from the panic" when you're panicky. Remind yourself this the best you can to help the panic go down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

well I had a mega panic attack (over taking my new medication) and I still wasn't s*. I didn't honestly FEEL that s* when I thought about it. my stomach got tight and my throat was really tight but it was really the same as proper n*.

hopefully i'll stop associating a panic attack with v* now. since it's still never happened

The way to stop worrying about panic attacks directly leading to n is to keep telling yourself this. Eventually it'll sink in enough and you won't feel as much panic-induced n. Next time something like that happens keep reminding yourself that the n is just from the panic attack.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.