Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've always wondered this. If you're on the pill and you have sex the day before your period is supposed to come, what are the chances of conceiving? Would you get your period for that month and miss your next period? Or would implantation happen in like 24 hours and you would miss that period? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Thoughts?
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I'm assuming you are talking about having sex the day before you are taking a placebo/not taking the pill for a week?

Chances of conceiving, if you have been taking the pill consistently at the same time everyday for the month, is still 1%. The pill prevents you from releasing an egg- no egg, no baby. It also sometimesthickens the mucus on the uterus lining and cervix- making it difficult for sperm to even enter the uterus if an egg was released, and an egg to implant on the uterus. So, if you took the pill diligently the month before, your oddsthat you had released an egg are very slim- and the odds of becoming pregnant are even slimmer.

When you are on the pill- what you have is not necessarily a period; it's withdrawal bleeding from the hormones you are receiving. There is some uterus lining in there, but usually not to the extent of what you had before being on the pill. So, even if you were pregnant there wouldmore than likelystill be a period if you were on the pill. It may be lighter than usual, but the odds are that you would still bleed.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So how would someone know if they are pregnant if they are STILL bleeding on scheduale??
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Pregnancy piss test- you can buy 'em at the drug store or take them at a doctor's office or clinic. There is really no other definitive way to tell.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So you should take a pregnancy test after every 'period'? How frustrating is that? Or you could let it goand believe you aren't pregnant because you are bleeding, this continues and then it's too late to do anything about it!!

That is your choice. If you want to be definitely sure that you are not pregnant, that is the way to go. Anything else would be speculation.

I know people who take a pregnancy test every month just to be sure. I don't, and assume that the pill is doing it's job and that I'm not pregnant. If I end up beating the odds and getting pregnant, I will have to deal with it and weigh my options.

When taking birthcontrol, nothing is completely 100% foolproof. Inevitably we have to accept this, and decide if the pleasure of sex if worth the potential consequences- as slim as those may be. It may be frustrating, but you also have the option of not having sex, which to me would be even more frustrating.

*amber*

I think it's all very frustrating. When do they take a pregnancy test?? After they finish their period? That's so much stress.

I want to continue having sex, I love my boyfriend, I love being with him. BUT I can't help but feel scared. I know that millions of people have sex ALL THE TIME and lots don't even use protection. Chances are 0.1%, but still I worry.

I don't know what to do to reassure myself that I'll be okay no matter what happens.

Well, I think you should just buy a stack of birth control tests, and take them once every two months just to keep your mind at ease. It may be stressfull waiting for the little minus sign to pop up, but it's better than constantly worrying if you are pregnant. I'm sure that after awhile, you will be less nervous about the whole situation.

And no matter what happens, you WiLL be okay. You may have to make a really tough decision, but either way, pregnancy isn't like a fatal terminal disease And make sure you talk about this with your boyfriend- he should know about your fear of getting pregnant, and you should make a plan just in case you end up being in that .1%. If you do get pregnant, the baby is part of him as well and you both should decide together what you should do. At least then you will be somewhat prepared, and will have a plan.

*amber*

I keep telling myself that. I'll be okay, I'll be okay. I have talked to him about it.

Thanks for talking with me.

I am one of those women that takes a test every month. I am paranoid and can't get my monthly visitor without taking one. I've never had any problems and I'm sure you won't either. Another little tip...I set the alarm on my mobile so I take it exactly the same time every day...to up the effectiveness! Good luck and if you need anything...let us/me know!
    I\'m not completely insane; I\'m just a little bit crazy.

HAHA, I have my cell set as well. I take it at the same time every single day.

When do you take a test? Like after you finish your period??