Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared!!!!

Exclamation Scared!!!!

Ok, so. I'm hungry and I'm extremely scared and panicky. I'm n and I'm scared I'm going to v*. I can't tell what is fear or if I'm actually sick. I've never v*ed from being hungry, but I haven't eaten much lately because I had dia. I ate a bowl of cereal about two hours ago. To make matters worse, I'm not at home and I'm getting my hair done which is really freaking me out more. Then, I have to go in the car again and I'm scared I'm going to get car sick and ugh... I just need some reassurance that I'll be okay right now. Please help me!!!

Default Re: Scared!!!!

I think you'll be fine, if you are feeling hungry you are almost definately not sick, just take a deep breath and enjoy getting your hair done xx

You'll be fine. Nerves can make use queasy, so if you're panicky and start to feel n*, it's not coincidence. Try to eat something - hunger can turn to n* if you deprive yourself of food. If it helps, eat something light like toast or applesauce. Just whatever you do don't *not* eat out of fear.

If you are hungry you aren't ill, I can promise you that. And D* happens for all sorts of reasons, the body is weird like that.

I get n and hunger at the same time quite often. Eat something light and you will feel better. I think, at least in my case, the n is from too much acid in my stomach when there isn't enough food in there. I always feel better after eating something even if I have to force it down. I hope you are feeling better now.