Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default upper GI endoscopy

Well, I got home from the hospital just a little while ago. I had the endoscopy done. My sister Rhonda sat with me until they took me to the room. They hooked me up to equipment and put oxygen prongs in my nose, like they did last time. They tried to put a bite-guard in my mouth to keep it open, but my gag reflex kicked in. They then started giving me the anesthetic, and I don't remember them putting in the bite-guard after that. It went great and I didn't feel anything. When I next woke up in that room, they were all done. I was then wheeled back to the room where Rhonda was waiting. They said I don't seem to have any ulcers, but I do have gastritis and polyps. They took some polyps and did a biopsy, but they're sure it's not anything alarming. Leslie picked up me and Rhonda at the hospital and we went over to Sheetz, just like we did after my colonoscopy. I got a couple slices of pizza and some churros. I just had one slice and will eat the other one later this evening. I'm supposed to try to eat slow. I hope I don't have any problems.

Susan

Default Re: upper GI endoscopy

Hi,glad it all went well. I would have posted sooner but I've been having problems with this site...they blocked me for some unknown reason. Hope you feel relief now. I definitely do, but don't want to have that procedure again any time soon. Take care!