Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Urgent Help Please

So we have some friends coming over this evening and I'm really anxious. Her daughter had a bug and got symtoms Tuesday night/ Wednesday. Am I in the safe zone yet? I'm really freaking and they are gonna be here in half an hour!!!

Default Re: Urgent Help Please

I would cancel...

They have just left. I just kept an eye out and washed my hands thoroughly. They seemed fine, they ate and had no symptoms so I think i'm safe. Will be thinking about the countdown though. I would have cancelled but didnt have time

Well... good for you for sticking with it hope that you stay well

Ok, so its the morning after and now I am panicking like anything! I thought I could do it but now I'm terrified that I could have caught something from them! They were absolutely fine and they were around the girl when she v*. They ate and they were all perky, absolutely not looking ill at all! But i'm still worried. He only went for a wee when he was here. Am I safe from it? They came round about 56 hours after the girl was ill!!!

People are contagious when they show symptoms, not before, really. So unless they were actively ill when they showed up or were having symptoms less than 48 hours ago, there is almost no risk of contamination. In theory they may have dragged in the virus the little girl had, if they cared for her, even if they weren't sick, but that would imply they didn't wash themselves or their hands or their clothes since then. Not impossible but extremely unlikely.

Ok, so i'm feeling n* now and just feel rough as anything. I am very tired so I'm hoping its that. Really praying that I havent caught it