Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Other half feeling 'dizzy' - panicking!!

Hi everyone

It is my first time posting, but I'm a long time lurker and have taken a lot of comfort from this forum in the past. SO I think I get the etiquette on terminology but I apologise in advance if I write out words I shouldn't..!

My other half is currently sat in the living room sipping on water and watching tv, while Im in the bedroom panicking! He came out of the loo earlier and told me he was 'just going to sit in the living room for a while' as he felt 'a bit dizzy'. So I went and took him a glass of water and asked what he's feeling, if he feels n*. he shook his head, but he always does that when he feels n* (which isn't often at all by the way!)

We have been together for almost 7 years and he's probably V* twice in that time - once from food, once from alcohol. And both times he retreats into another room by himself for a while as he knows how much I freak out, but him retreating tells me he's not well at all!! He insists he only feels dizzy and when i pressed him on why he went to another room by telling him he only does that when he does feel n* he said "No, i really only feel dizzy but I know i might feel n* so i'll sit here for a while.. you just go ahead to bed"

but obviously its not that easy because we have a small flat with not very good sound proofing so i'm alert with every step i think I hear cause I think it'll be him going to the bathroom!! I panick about whether I will hear it, how he's feeling, if he's ok yet, whats making him feel this way, will I get it... ahhhh!!!

Just wish he'd walk in his usual perky self and say he's all fine!! But he hasn't!

Any other people's coping mechanisms in these situations HUGELY welcome!

Default Re: Other half feeling 'dizzy' - panicking!!

How is he doing now? Feeling any better? Is it hot where you are? Perhaps the heat is getting to him.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Default Re: Other half feeling 'dizzy' - panicking!!

I hope he ended up fine. If you have headphones put them in and listen to music next time to drown out any noise. It will help you relax too.