Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Freaking out please help

My stepdaughter just said that her stomach hurts and i'm having a mini panic attack now!!!! Please someone help. I am terrified that she has a bug or something. She hasnt said anything about any other symptoms but shes been back at school this week so of course I think she has something nasty!!! Can a sv* start with stomach pain or does the v* and/or d* come first?

Default Re: Freaking out please help

It could be nothing but when my 7 year old says her tummy hurts I get a bin on stand by just in case.
    Fingers crossed she will be OK.

She was hungry! I feel so bloody stupid with this phobia. I always overact, cry, shake, rock, compusively wash my hands! I have so had enough

Glad it was a false alarm. My son is 4 and I would say him saying his stomach hurts v him actually being sick is probably a 3765:1 ratio
    It is nearly always needing a poo or trapped wind. My automatic response now if his tummy hurts is to tell him to go sit on the loo for 5 minutes and hey presto after he's poo'd or trumped he comes downstairs better.

Glad she was OK. This phobia is awful, my husband is away for a couple of nights and as I put my girls to bed the oldest asked if the littlest had been s* and I freaked out even though she was only having a drink!!