Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Over the holidays I stressed myself out to the point of udder exhaustion and illness. I have a sinus infection which I have had on and off for 3 months, and I caught the stomach bug. I have been feeling really depressed lately because I have felt so stressed out and just physically sick. My emet was acting up as people were sick with the sv* around me for 3 weeks. I was anxious all 3 weeks and still a little bit now. It has felt like hell lately and I can't seem to pull myself up. I guess what I wanted to know is who else feels depressed from emet contributions. I guess for me the anxiety and fear makes me depressed. Anyone understand???

P.S. Sorry to be such a complainer...I have felt in a really negative frame of mind lately....Edited by: silver

You are nto a complainer and have every right to feel this way and talk about it! It's completely understandable to feel stressed and depressed over emet or anything else that causes so much fear and anxiety in your life. I think that you admit it and are talking about it is a great first step to feeling better. So to answer your question yes I totally relate. If you ever wanna talk please feel free to IM/PM/emailme ... whatever. Sometiems venting about it just helps get it out. Feel better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

....is there anything that you can do to put yourself in a more positive frame of mind? Go out with friends, shop, do something you haven't done in a long time but that you find fun? LOL- i know that when I am feeling really down, I go bowling. It's cheesy and loud- but there is a certain amount of satisfaction that comes with knocking down those pins

Everyone is allowed a certain amount of complaining. I know for myself, I don't get depressed when I am anxious or scared of something- I get more jittery (easily startled, cant sit still, can't concentrate, etc.). I try to go out and dispel the nervous energy by doing something......or course I did that yesterday when I realized that I am leaving for Tasmania in a month (I get motionsick and it's a long-assed plane ride)- and what did I see? SEVEN separate vomit piles in the snow. I go for a walk to get RID of some anxiety about me vomitting on a plane, or others vomitting around me, and I see it SEVEN TIMES! What the hell?! I hope that's not an omen.

I hope you get out of the 'funk' soon

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'm sorry you're feeling so stressed and down... i think alot of people do this time of year....

so u caught the sv? was it bad? you're really brave cos you sound like you're not really dwelling on it to much.... did u v*??

for me, once i start getting depressed then my emet steps in fast and then anxiety on top of that....

r u on meds? do u have anyone u can talk to?

a few people on my office have had suspected sv so u can imagine i've been freakin outall day.... at one point this morning i wanted to pack my stuff up and nevercome back!!!! but u have to fight this!!!! u can do it!!

if u ever need to talk PM me xxxxxxxxxx take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel the same way at this time of year. For me it's from constantly worrying and my mind is non stop. To help, I go to the gym. It seems to help a little, it makes me feel good about myself. Maybe if you just go for a little walk, the fresh air might make you feel better. I wish I knew something better to tell you. I think we are all feeling a little down right now though, your not alone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know that doing something to get my mind off of things is a good plan. I started working out again since I have gained weight over the past couple of years. It does seem to help, I feel a lot better when I get done. I think that my biggest problem is that I have too much time to think and dwell on things. I have a good job, but I am at my desk A LOT and obviously on the Internet a lot too[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I like my job, but get bored very easily sitting at a desk. I get bored and then I start thinking too much (not good.) As far as talking to people, I do have people to talk to, I just have found myself pretty socially withdrawn lately. I haven't wanted to really be around people or hang out like I usually do (I know that it is the depression talking.) All I know is that I am so tired of being negative and so tired of feeling s****y all of the time. I guess I know that I have to overcome with myself, but I am having a really hard time just dealing with life right now....pathetic.. I know and that is what makes me feel the worst. I have no reason to be depressed. I am whining so much that I am getting on my own nerves!!

Sorry your feeling so down I feel exactly the same way. This phobia is emotionally and physically draining, and sometimes it seems unbareable to deal with. sometimes I think to myself..."will I have to deal with this the rest of my life?" I hate that thought! But the Holidays definately stresses me out and puts me in a state of depression that I cant snap out of. Of course everyone just had to tell me about everyone that is sick. Luckily I have not got sick from anyone yet *knock onm wood*

But I think your right about having too much time to think about things. I dont really have a job..I work from home...and I dont really get out too muich so I always have time to think and dwell on this and it makes matters 100 times worse. Iknow its hard to do but I try to do things to keep my mind off of the stress and eveything else involved with it. Iw ish I could be more of help. Im trying to get through the same issues myself. Just remember that we are all here for you when you need to talk.
    *Mandi*