Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Somebody please help me! I brought my lunch to work yesterday, but never ate. This morning I figured I would just eat it today since I had left it in the fridge at work. Now, I want to eat it, but I keep getting these thoughts like "what if someone took it out and left it out for a while then put it back in so everyhtin gwent bad?" Or "what if the fridge died over night and everything went bad? I just got it out of the fridge (which was still running) and it is still cold. I know I am being stupid about this, but please reassure me that I won't get sick if I eat it!

I don't think that you are going to get sick. I used to have those crazy thoughts too when I had left my lunch there overnight. I couldn't take the thoughts anymore soif I didn't eat my lunch that day I would just take it home and have it for dinner. If you don't feel comfortable eating it, than don't put yourself through the torture. Just toss it and get something else to eat.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I hate it whent he irrational thoughts kick in! If the clocks are still ont he right time than the electric didn't go out and the fridge has been on adn running all night. I do agree w/ babygap that if it's going to make you crazy w/ worry it isn't worth it, however it will not make you sick if you do choose to eat it. Hope you're feeling better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

my problem is that I don't have time to run out anywhere, and I really need to eat for the baby. Right now I am worlinkg on the parts that didn't have to be refrigerated (chips, apple) until maybe I can get the nerve up to eatthe sandwich and other stuff.

The only thing that eases my mind when I start to think like that, is to toss it, and get something else. Otherwise, I would be worried the rest of the day. I don't think that anything happend to it, but if you have the slightest doubt, then nothing anyone says will help (with me anyway).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes I agree you need to eat to keep yourself healthy. Even if you weren't pregnant, but especially now that you are.

You should be fine. There's no reason someone would have taken your
    lunch out unless they stole it, in which case you'd know because
    something would be missing. Also I'm sure that if the power went out
    you would know. Even if it did then your food should still be fine. If
    it was over night then no one was there to open the fridge so the cold
    that was in there would stay insulated in for hours.

If you're too worried maybe you can get something from a vending
    machine? I know that isn't the most nutritional food, but it's still
    fuel untill you can get home and have something healthier.

I think you will be just fine...i doubt anyone would mess with your food.....you are letting your emet mind get the best of you...you need to eat not only for yourself but for your baby. The food is cold still and it will be fine....you shouldn't have anything to worry about...I understand how you are feeling though...and ithink that you are going to be just fine......K
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"