Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Appendicitis?

Default Appendicitis?

Yesterday at around 2pm my stomach started severely hurting. I had no nausea or *v. Midway through my panic attack I had diarrhea. I had it through the rest of the day. I went to bed and it's about 9 AM the next day and I feel much better and I even feel like I want to eat. My girlfriend is supposed to come over later but im scared I'll have to go to the ER (I'm deathly afraid of hospitals).

Would you say I'm safe and in the clear?

(Also it may be worth mentioning I have panic disorder and IBS)

Default Re: Appendicitis?

it sounds like it may have been a bout of IBS, nothing more. if you didn't feel like v* and you weren't even n*, then i would completely rule out the possibility of a s*v*, especially since you slept it off. you have an appetite now, which is good. i'd try out some toast with cinnamon and sugar on it, or a bit of milk for breakfast. there's no reason you need to go to the emergency room; you certainly don't have appendicitis. if you want to verify, though, get up on tiptoe and then slam down on your heels. if it causes an awful, ripping pain in your right side, then i would be concerned. but you don't exhibit any sign of appendicitis, so i wouldn't be worried.

I'm feeling way better and I did the tip toe thing. I'm sadly still a little worried tho because of how bad my stomach hurt yesterday. I could barley walk it was so bad.

Does appendicitis get better then worse? As long as I know I'll be better for good than I won't be nearly as panicked.

Its not appendicitis, I have had it and trust me you wouldnt be sitting there thinking I may have it!! I doesnt go away and then come back, its constant excruciating pain, n* and v*. Its awful and actually one of many events that sparked my emet to begin with. I promise you, you'll be fine

not appendicitis.. sounds like a bad bout of gas and ibs, which i have been suffering with for years.