Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So god-dang proud of myself

I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to share this!
    Okay so at the beginning of the summer I moved across the country. I did exceptionally well on the plane ride (most likely because of the help of some anxiety meds), only feelings sick enough once to take a gravol, but I did so and was fine the rest of the way.
    Since moving here though I haven't been out much. I was out with my Dad to pick up supplies for sewing and that went well.
    I went out grocery shopping with my Mom later on and that didn't go so well, I felt so gaggy I had to struggle hard to control it.
    Now, here's a thing - in the last several months every time I've been out of the house to a place more than five minutes from my house I've taken the before mentioned anxiety med. And well, I took that last one when I went grocery shopping.
    Today my Mom and I HAD to go out because we need doctors. My heart was pounding, my stomach was hurting, and at one point I found myself incredibly hungry (I know that most emets see hunger as a good thing, but I don't because of past experiences), but I didn't JUST go to the doctor, I went to the dollar store, gaming store, and went grocery shopping. I did it, I fought all those horrible feelings, and I managed to go out without that strong pill. And I enjoyed myself! I preordered the new Pokemon game, I got craft supplies, and macarons.
    All in all a good day. c:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Default Re: So god-dang proud of myself

That's so awesome What a great accomplishment!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome!!! Kick emet's ass!!!! You control it, it doesn't control you!!! Proud of you.

Woah that's awesome! Very proud, and I don't even know you in person! Keep staying determined and I guess you can...break the barrier of emetophobia (Sans-level puns, I'm not even sorry! XD) . Also, are you getting Sun or Moon? I'm wanting Moon because Lunaala looks awesome. Have a great rest of the day!

My determination will win through! ( | ‿| ) Admittedly my stomach did freak its shit for several hours after I got home, but I'm just happy that I got through my outing fine and only felt really bad at home. And I'm getting Moon!
    Last edited by Maige; 09-24-2016 at 09:18 PM.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Great job!! You got this, you are doing great. Don't look back.

Thats amazing! I'm proud of you.. Which version didja order? I'm getting Moon for now.