Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Waiting to be sick???

So yesterday and today I've been feeling very rough with what seems like a cold, but today I've had such a sore throat and it hurts whenever I swallow and feels very tight and dry. I also keep getting hot then cold again. This is making me panic and swallow lots which in turn is making me get waves of overwhelming sensation like I'm going to be sick, and it's gotten to the point now that I don't know what I'd do if I was sick I can't deal with it at all and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I'm honestly petrified that I'm going to be sick, my throat tastes horrible and feels so tight I'm not sure whether to think it's possibly tonsillitis. I would appreciate any help as I'm panicking with a history of 8 years of emetophobia

Default Re: Waiting to be sick???

Try to relax, it sounds like a bad cold or strept. Ive never gotten sick with a cold or strept. Take a benadryl, it will work as dramamine, help you fall asleep, and alleviate your symptoms if they are allergy related (everyone seems to be having colds or allergies right now) try some hot tea with lemon or honey and a huidifier to help the dry throat. You will be fine!

Default Re: Waiting to be sick???

You could have strep. Have you taken your temp? It might be a good idea to head to an urgent care tomorrow. If it's strep, antibiotics will help a lot.