Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worst nightmare come true.

So tonight my worst nightmare is happening.
    My son (4) woke up v*. I'm in the middle of a breakdown. Luckily my husband is here to help but I am now in full blown panic mode. I'm so anxious about the rest of us catching it. I have a 2 year old daughter too and I am just in pieces. This is my worst nightmare. In my house and I can't escape.
    Has anyone had a situation like this and how did you cope? I am hand washing and bleaching/sanitising like crazy. I feel like it's inevitable and I just don't know what to do. I won't sleep a wink, I know I'm not going to eat for days. I have all my strong bleach and cleaning sprays at hand but I feel I'm fighting a losing battle

Default Re: Worst nightmare come true.

Hi, so sorry...it's awful, I know, I've been there too, panicking like crazy and everything. Glad your hubby helps. Mine was always very good too and it really helped because I was hiding in my room! The best advice I can offer is to just try to breathe, let your hubby do most of the bad stuff, keep your daughter away from your son, keep cleaning, it is not always inevitable, just try to be careful. Also, if you can keep your son in one room, that would help. When he has stopped and seems a little better, try to go to him and just talk to him, tell him he's doing well and that Daddy is taking great care of him.

Your poor little guy...keep an eye on him. Make sure he isn't getting dehydrated. Offer him very small sips of water, or diluted apple juice, ginger ale, whatever...but only if he has been okay for a hour or so.

Hang in there...take care of yourself as well. Hugs to you hun!!