Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mind over Stomache

Hey guys,
    Just figured I'd post this here because not many people seem to be looking at the triumphs section, and I think this is important. Last night, for the second time in the past year, I was completely convinced that I was going to throw up. I was prepared for it, and I was worried sick(quite literally). The more I tried not to to think about it the worse it got. Then I tired listening to some music, and then an audiobook, and it completely calmed me down. My nausea disappeared, I stopped shaking, I was able to fall asleep. I know this may not be true in all cases, but I think for some of you it might be worth noting that sometimes anxiety can make you feel false symptoms. If that's you, try listening to some music. Or an audiobook. You might find you have more control over your anxiety than you realize.

Default Re: Mind over Stomache

Good advice. I also like to play word games in my phone. They are a good distraction.

Default Re: Mind over Stomache

Yes, this is completely true...and it's soooo hard to tell the difference between anxiety and the real thing. Trying to focus on something else def will help the anxiety. And we DO have control over our thoughts...it's tough but we do!!!