Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feeling sick

Default Feeling sick

Ate a chicken salad sub roll for lunch. Came home from work n even though I wasn't hungry thought id better eat. Immediately I realised id made a mistake and the nausea is pretty bad. I keep tasting what I ate n I'm feeling like i could v*. Help

Default Re: Feeling sick

Hey Claire, I don't believe the sub itself is making you ill. You are feeling this way because you ate when you didn't feel hungry - Then overstuffed yourself. Take some deep breaths and chill. You hsoukd be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Maybe you're too full. Sometimes I'll lead back so there's no pressure on my stomach and watch a movie to try and distract myself. I'll throw an icepack on my neck and focus on how cold my neck feels rather than what my tummy is doing too.

It certainly takes great focus, but mentally scan the rest of your body for any discomfort, such as a itch or tired muscle. Try to focus on that while locking the bad feelings away, then once you aren't as focused on the bad feelings, lock all the feelings away until you aren't registering the feelings of your body. I like to lie still in bed while doing this. It helps, but sometimes isn't very easy at all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.