Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help!!! Is this a Migraine????

Please help, I'm really scared!!

i got off a very long 34 hour long plane journey yesterday and have jet lag. Last night I got some sleep but it was a bit disrupted.

about maybe an hour/hour and half ago I began to have a bit of a throbbing pain in my left temple, and it was sore to touch. I still have that pain but it has spread to behind my ears and a bit at the back of the head, and the area around my left eye is a bit sore too. It's not excruciating pain, just kind of throbbing a bit. I am exhausted and want to sleep but I'm terrified that I'll get n* and v* because apparently those are symptoms that can come with migraines. The pain had been there for about an hour or an hour and half and have gotten a bit worse but it is not excruciating, and I don't have any n* or v*, and I don't have sensitivity to light or the need to lie down etc,,, I am very very anxious, please help!!!!!!!!!!! Is this just a normal headache with jetlag or a migraine???? I've never had a migraine before and I took a Panadol about 20 mins ago.

Default Re: Please help!!! Is this a Migraine????

To me, it sounds like a normal headache. Very uncomfortable I don't doubt, but not a migraine. My sister has migraines on occasion and they are very different from a normal headache and it sounds as though you have the latter. I hope you are feeling way better now! Xxx

@ChocolateLoverXxx

Thank you so much for the reply! Yes at this stage I do feel better, the headache is less noticeable now! Though I do feel a little unwell now I think it's because I worked myself up into a near panic attack! But thankfully my head feels much better, I do believe you're right that it's just a normal headache. Thanks so much again xx

Even after a short haul flight I end up feeling awful, really bad head and body aches. Try taking some painkillers and get plenty of sleep.