Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Immediate Help Needed

So I have had a cold for the past few days and other than the cold symptoms been feeling ok. Today I woke and needed a bm (which is unusual for me) I havent been for a few days. I now have a chest infection and am feeling slightly n*, hot and my last bm was soft but quite sweet smelling (tmi). Does it sound like I have the start of an sv* or just a side effect of mucus being swallowed??

Default Re: Immediate Help Needed

It sounds to me like you were having post nasal drip during the night (basically swallowing a lot of mucus). It can cause your stomach to feel weird, loose BMS and n*. If you eat a little something that will soak up the mucus like crackers or dry toast you should start to feel better and you will also start to feel better once you're sitting up for a while. Try to cough up that mucus as much as possible. Also ginger or peppermint tea couldn't hurt.

As pinkandpanda stated, it honestly sounds like post nasal drip at night. When you swallow a significant amount, it is normal to begin to feel slightly ill. Eating soup or crackers- anything to fill your tummy, should help ease the n*. Because of the mucous and fever, loose BM's are normal. Drink Gatorade or something with electrolytes. Eat an orange or a vitamin C supplement. Get plenty of rest and you should be fine. This doesn't sound like SV at all I think you're okie

~Student Nurse

Thirding the above. N* and loose bms from post nasal drip is super common. Last time I had a cold I had it terribly and ended up not eating for a week, which made me get FAR sicker than I would have otherwise. At least try for plain toast or something to give your stomach something to work on other than mucus, and if you really feel too sick to eat, make sure you drink a lot of fluids and get back eating ASAP.

I am absolutely fine now guys, just keep eating often seems to soak all the mucus up so feeling much better thank you all for your support though x

A good decongestant natural or over the counter will stop the post nasal drip. We suffer year round from it from our allergies but it's something we've learned to live with. Sinus rinses can also help dry out and clean out the mucus and get you back to feeling better!