I started therapy 2 weeks ago but we have only discussed my issues with v*. I haven't been taught any coping strategies yet and am in the middle of an anxiety attack.
Have dealt with this phobia my whole life due to some traumatic experiences as a young child, but has gotten so much worse over the last year and especially the last 6 months. Husband had a sv* in May. We live in a tiny 2b1b apartment and I could hear everything. He has recently been dealing with acid reflux which causes him to be n* and sometimes v*. It has gotten so bad that I've sent him to a hotel 2 times in the last month when he has felt ill. Today he came home from work and mentioned that the man who sits directly next to him came to work today with a sv* and this instantly sent me into a panic attack. I've gone to the bathroom 5 times this evening with d* from my anxiety and my mind is racing. I am so terrified he will get sick from the man at work. Please help me with some coping strategies so that I can get some rest tonight. I am currently laying in bed shaking and thinking every worse possible scenario. HELP!