Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: loose bowels

Default loose bowels

I'm a little worried because I had two bouts of loose bowels within the past two hours. I'd gone to the bathroom early this morning and my stools were normal but real soft. I always go crazy trying to think of what I ate. I know people have suggested keeping a food diary, but I already keep track of my bowel movements and I'd go nuts if I had to keep track of what I ate as well. Late yesterday afternoon, I went to the mall and had a chicken sandwich and fries at Chick Fil A. I then got two slices of a cookie with pink and white icing. When I got home, I ate part of one. I put the box in the freezer so the icing would firm up a little. When I opened the freezer door, the box fell out and the piece I was eating hit the floor. I'm not a good housekeeper and thus the kitchen floor isn't clean. The cookie was on the floor for just a split second. I didn't want to throw it away, so I finished it after blowing on it. I ate the second piece later last night. Most likely I overdid things. Maybe it's an aftereffect of the bowel prep I did on October 3rd, when I had to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate, but that's not likely. I hope it's not the sv! I'm out of Phenargen. However, I do have Dramamine. I took 2 caplets of Pepto-Bismol, but they expired last month. The expiration date was September 2016. I hope I'm okay and that I don't get sick. The second bout this afternoon wasn't as much as the previous bout.

Susan

Default Re: loose bowels

If the second bout wasn't as bad as the previous one, that implies you're getting better which wouldn't happen if it was the start of an illness. I would say you're probably fine and have nothing to worry about. It sounds like what you were eating was pretty greasy (chicken sandwich and fries) and sugary (cookie), both of which can cause loose bowel movements. I also totally wouldn't worry about the expired Pepto, one month is nothing. I've used older Pepto than that before and been fine.

Thanks for the message. I took a nap this evening and just now got up. I haven't gone to the bathroom since the last bout this afternoon. I know the expired Pepto is okay and I overdid on the grease and sugar last night. However, one thing to worry about is that I ate the piece of cookie that fell onto the kitchen floor. It was there for only a split second before I picked it up and finished it. My kitchen floor's not very clean because I'm sluggish about housekeeping. A split second on the floor isn't long enough to do any harm, is it? I blew on the cookie before finishing it.

Susan

Susan

I'm no expert, but if my personal experience is anything to go by then you should be totally fine eating a cookie that touched the floor. It's really not very different from biting your nails or eating something that touched a table, in my opinion.