Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Food poisoning, please help me this is urgent

I went to chipotle, Even while going to chipotle I was worried about food poisoning. I got a regular bowl meal and it had UNCOOKED CHICKEN in it.
    I ate some of it, but I didn't eat the uncooked chicken. It was just a little bit, after I took it out of the bowl I continue eating just a little but, but then realize it's probably not safe.
    I haven't felt really sick at all but I'm so panicked that symptoms might show in a couple of hours. I'm panicked right now and I'm getting anxiety nausea. I'm so afraid.
    I only have gas right now but I'm so worried I'll get more symptoms

Default Re: Food poisoning, please help me this is urgent

The chances of you getting sick from what you described are close to 0%. For someone to suffer food poisoning the meat HAS TO contain salmonella. Second, the meat then has to be cooked below the required guidelines OR be left at a temperature that would allow for bacterial growth. Finally, you have to ingest enough of said food to make you ill. Just because you saw some pink DOES NOT mean it was undercooked. Meat often has a pink tint to it, beef, chicken and pork. Chipotle had the outbreak last year which means that the CDC is ALL OVER THEM like white on rice. The idea that someone would get sick from their restaurant now is BEYOND unlikely. Besides that, the big outbreak they had was noro not salmonella. AND you didn't even eat the chicken. TOTALLY, completely safe. Try to relax and distract yourself. You're going to be ok.

Default Re: Food poisoning, please help me this is urgent

I'm better now, thanks so much Syrup! your post really made me feel better. I'm actually really suprised I didn't get sick?