Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Another Hurdle Leapt Over (may be somewhat triggering)

I put a while back that I had a good day outside of my house, and since then I've had a few more awesome days out and about. But today was the day I have been most proud of thus far.
    So my brother took my Mom and I out to get some things at the Asian supermarket near our home. I had two things going up against my anxiety: I was STARVING despite having eaten some grapes, and those grapes also decided to mess up my stomach with pain. When we left the store, my brother offered me his bubbletea to try out, and I did. He gave the rest to me as we were nearing my house.
    I took some more sips (it is really delicious, strawberry flavour) and perhaps five minutes from my house my stomach began being an asshole. As we parked into our parking space, my stomach all together LURCHED in a way it hasn't in years and I really thought I was going to be sick.
    The amazing thing though was that when my stomach lurched in the manner it did, I didn't panic in the least. I mean, I still didn't want it to happen, but my thought process was more along the lines of 'oh crap I think I'm gonna be sick' rather than the sheer terror I would feel before. My Mom actually didn't know that something was wrong until we got into the apartment building and I told her.

I'm very proud of handling it well. Honestly the worst thing is I'm still so hungry even after eating some stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Default Re: Another Hurdle Leapt Over (may be somewhat triggering)

Congrats on your triumph! It may seem small to some but huge to you and that's all that matters!!! You did amazing!