Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking Out May Have Been Exposed

So its that time of year again!! My brother in law and niece are down for a visit and are staying with my mum, so obviously me, partner and bubba have been visiting. Anyway today they went to London, I just spoke to my mum who has said that my brother in law has a 'dodgy tummy'!!!! We were with them for 6 hours yesterday and i'm scared that I have been exposed. Doesnt help either that last night and all day today I havent felt well at all!!! Really really freaking out!!!!!

Default Re: Freaking Out May Have Been Exposed

Sometimes, you just don't feel good. That's how the human body works - we all don't feel perfectly well at times. However, I do not believe you should worry that your ill feeling is from your ill family member. I'm sure you were very sanitary, as we pretty much all are. I doubt you ingested a virus (assuming they were ill with a virus, which seems a bit unlikely. I'm thinking it might be what they ate).Try to relax and distract your mind from your anxiety, which will worsen how you are feeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

So this morning I am due to see them. He was ill on the Sunday night/Monday. Its now Wednesday will I be safe? Also I have really bad stomach pain this morning and have had dia. This bug seems to start with v* and then dia but I'm so scared that I have caught it

The diarrhea you experience could be from stressing so much over the virus, or it could be the virus. It's hard to tell. Even if you did catch it, doesn't mean you will vomit, not everyone reacts the same way to the same virus.

Just being around them won't make you catch anything as long as they aren't actively vomiting near you. Usually the rule of thumb is that people are infectious for 48 hours after the end of all symptoms (no vomiting and normal stools). Just make sure to avoid eating food they touched and to wash your hands after seeing them and you should be fine.

I cancelled as I just felt too bad, my mum looked after my son for me and I just stayed at home in bed. I feel awful still tonight, so I dont think it was anxiety I genuinely think I have something now! I have slept for a couple of hours and feel worse now than before. Im gonna try and eat something and see how that goes.

@Toad
    How are you feeling now? Hopefully better! Xoxoxo

There is hope. This could just be mostly from anxiety and stress. And if you did perhaps let your guard down around him and catch something, you could still get away without v. Both are certainly possibilities at this point. How are you doing now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

So have been feeling terrible for nearly a week now, a lot of n and an unsettled stomach. Not much of an appetite but I think i'm due my period as its the right time. The past few months my period has been like this

Glad to hear at least it's not a bug, I've been having issues like that lately too, with severe nausea and digestive issues, didn't have it this bad before.

Its only happened since I got the contraceeprtive implant!? Yeah the nausea is really bad, with dia and cramping. I am going to speak to docs about this as its really getting to me

Oh, you have a mirena? So do I, I got it changed in February, the old one was going to expire soon. Maybe it's because the hormonal load is too high during the first year or so, but I didn't have this issue at the end with the previous one.

So I just posted another thread, about literally just feeling like I was gonna v* had the same feelings I have just before I have in the past. I'm absolutely terrified now