Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Real sickness or just anxiety?

Hello and thank you for your help.
    So yesterday I was feeling pretty good when I woke up (Cant remember feeling bad). I made breakfast about two hours after getting up, a small amount of pancakes. I started to feel anxious like I always do after I eat anything. So I decided to go for a walk about twenty minutes or so after eating, to a foresty area right by my house, which always calms my anxiety.
    But just before I got there, I started to feel n*, like I may actually v*. It was this horrible feeling of butterflies in my abdomen, but more sickening. But it wasn't like the last time I almost v*, I didn't have any other symptoms, like dizziness, hot/cold flashes, or even gagging.
    Of course I started freaking out, trying to consider all of my terrifying options. I started having a panic attack, my breathing increasing quickly and my thoughts becoming irrational (I almost went up to knock on some strangers door just so I wouldn't be alone). The feeling slowly passed, and I just stood alone outside in the cold air for a minute, still panicing. I decided to go down the street to my close friends house (Which no, I couldn't manage a few seconds earlier).
    I felt a little bit calmer with her, and the feeling of nausea was gone, but I was now fixated on it. We sat on her porch for a few hours before I even felt okay enough to go inside.
    I felt anxious for the rest of the day, didn't eat or drink until ten at night. I did feel a bit better after eating, and I think the whole cause of this could be undereating because ive hardly eaten in the past week, and most of it's been candy (Thank Halloween).
    I just kind of feel sick now, like this almost tickling sensation in my lower abdomen. There seems to be this line maybe a few centemeters above my navel that just feels off, internally.
    But this whole situation has shaken me deeply, and I can't tell if im actually I'll or if this is just anxiety. Normally I can tell, but this time is different.
    I would love to hear your input, perhaps some advice on feeling better, or how to tell if this is anxiety or not. Thank you so, so much, I really appreciate the help.

Default Re: Real sickness or just anxiety?

I do not think you've caught anything. The diet change is most likely the cause. Cool air is good for you when you're feeling n, so good idea with that. Going to your friends place was also a good idea. Just relax and try to get your eating back on track over the next couple or days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Default Re: Real sickness or just anxiety?

You've gone into detail about your stomach sensations which is a classic anxiety emet thing! I was like that all last year, I could write an essay on every little feeling I had haha but now that I barely get constant n* I can't even tell if I'm n* or not. It's just 'a weird feeling' I sometimes get.

My point is, the undereating mixed with paranoia could deffo be the cause, pancakes are delish but very hard on the stomach during digestion I think, maybe have some fruit with them next time ? Could also be that your tummy wanted more food, the amount of times I had that last year was awful... I'd feel so sick but so empty stomached...awful. I'm sorry you're feeling rough. Thing that got me out of constant n* and eating two small meals a day was having quite a sizeable breakfast then a small lunch then a big dinner. Knowing that I was at home with my family meant me just indulging cos I felt 'safe,'... Is there a reason why you don't eat more? Maybe subconscious fear?

Either way you do sound like you've upset your tummy but I think it's too much sugar and not enough real food. Feel better soon x