Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How often do you have panic attacks?

How often do you have panic attacks?

Please vote in the voting forum, and comment here if you'd please.
    Last edited by Jess44246; 11-11-2016 at 12:58 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Default Re: How often do you have panic attacks?

Full blown adrenaline attacks, probably once every month lately. Twice in a bad month. General panicking and obsessive thoughts...once a week...probably. General obsessive thoughts and mild worry...every day.

Full on panic attacks probably only a couple times per year now. In the past I've had them daily. Smaller anxiety attacks... probably an average of a couple times per month now. In the past it had been several times per day.

Dahlia, the worry and obsessive thoughts certainly does eat away at us. We just have to try to put is behind us. It gets in the way of our lives way too often, and we must still be able to enjoy life despite how stressful it is.
    Afdpt, I'm glad that you're getting better! I hope to one day have panic attacks as you do instead of what I deal with now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

2 years ago anything from 5-10 times a day. These days I still have them, mainly through the winter twice a week.

I understand twice a week, which can happen to me even more than twice a week if it's a bad week. 5-10 times daily I can see happening only on a really bad day, but not every day. Are you sure they were all actual attacks and not just anxiety and fear spikes from something triggering?

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Currently a few times a week. In the past couple months I've also had periods of 5-10 in a day, or sometimes ones that wax and wane a bit but are otherwise nonstop all day until I fall asleep exhausted. Luckily that hasn't been happening lately.

I've had times where there are so many triggers around me that things that would normally just make me panicky will send me into a panic attack because I can't handle the stress of stimulus after stimulus after stimulus. I record the date of my last panic attack in my signature, so you can see if my last was the 9th then I'm doing pretty good at the moment!

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

A few times a week. I get bouts of anxiety a few times a day but full blown panic attacks are slightly less frequent.

Panic attacks: once a week, sometimes more if I'm in a bad period. Anxiety: every day.

The daily pain of anxiety really gets at us, doesn't it. I really hate panic attacks, but for the past month I've been pretty good! My current goal is to make it a whole month.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

I can go months without having one. it all depends on when I find out something that triggers me. Like if noro is going around my city, my kids schools or anyone I know has an sv*. These past couple weeks Ive pretty much been having at least one a day. When its really bad, like a sv in my house I will panic from the time I wake up until the time I get to sleep (if im able to get any sleep). Those are the hardest days! And yay you for being panic attack free for 11 days now!!!

When there are many triggering things around, I have panic attacks more frequently too. I was really anxious yesterday, but still no attacks!

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Earlier this year I'd genuinely have around 1 or 2 full blown panic attacks every day. The entirety of April and May were panic attacks. Now, I don't get them as much - maybe once every few weeks.

That's great progress! I recently had a set back, as you can see from November 21, 23, 25 and 26 in my signature, and now I'm recovering from that as my weeks return to normal again.

This is Bob.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.