Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Had something?

Hybrid View

Hey everyone. Glad to see the site back up and running.

Anyways, I think I caught something and had a 24 hour thing. Yesterday morning (Sunday) I woke up and my stomach was feeling off. I brushed it off thinking it was my nerves or what have you but it seemed to be getting worse as the day progressed. My head hurt and I felt extremely fatigued. Also, I had absolutely no appetite and the couple downstairs (we live in an apartment) cooked what smelled like Indian food and it made me feel extremely nauseous. Me, my boyfriend and our son went out to eat last night and I thought maybe ifate I would feel better. We went to a Mexican resturant and I love Mexican food but when our food came to the table I couldn't touch it. I got to the point where I felt nauseous just looking at the food. As we were leaving the chills started. Got home and took a shower and feel asleep at 7:30. Got up in the middle of the night extremely weak and ws buring up. Today I felt alittle better but still weak and no appetite. Thankfully my mom watched my son for a little so I could rest. What does this sound like to you. I know I had something because I had a fever but I can't pinpoint what I had. I figured if it was a s/v I would have eith v* or had d*. Then I figured it might have been the flu since I did ache a little but I know the flu last longer than 24 hours. What does this sound like to you. I hated being sick. God I'm following the same pattern I did last year. I felt sick like this last Jan. and then in April I got real sick. Damn. I get sick every year and I don't know why. I constantly wash my hands use sanitizer and stay away from a lot of places and I still get sick, not once, but more than 2 times a year. What gives?
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Maybe your body was fighting something. Glad to know you are doing better now.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with prupleteach think your body was fighting something with feeling like that.

Your body does slow down and make you feel tired when you are getting something and sleeping with the chills is usually the first start.

but Im glad to hear that you didnt have d* or v*

taeke care hun.

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I get like that sometimes too. It sounds like a small virus or something, but luckily you didn't V* or have D* either. I'm glad to hear you are doing better.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

are you sure your not pregnant

<<<Damn. I get sick every year and I don't know why. I constantly wash my hands use sanitizer and stay away from a lot of places and I still get sick, not once, but more than 2 times a year. What gives?>>>

LOL, join the club. I come down with something at least once a month, and I'm really good about handwashing, being careful of where I buy my food, etc. I had a sinus infection over Xmas and New Years, and this morning I had extreme nausea and vomitted. My stomach still feels a bit off, and I have a tiny bit of a fever- but I hope by tomorrow everything is back to normal. I guess we were both blessed with non-functional immune systems.....I swear if I would have been alive 200 years ago I would be dead by now.

It's not unusual for me to spike a high fever (I've woken up to 103 degrees), complete with chills and night sweats- but then be completely fine the next day. I don't know if it is like what the others said, and my body was fighting something off, or if it was just a weird 24 hour thing. Either way, I am very happy when it passes!

And please- don't think that there is a correlation between you feeling sick in January, and then being sick in April. In april don't get nervous, or think that it's inevitable that you will come down with something, because those 2 events are completely non-related.

Hope you feel better,

Amber

Wow, Tanyarn - I had the same thing a few years back and to this day have never known what it was! My symptoms were exactly the same - feeling *extremely* fatigued, n* but no v* or d*. I put it down to fighting something off, like purpleteacher suggested. That would explain why you felt so tired.

Take plenty of rest, and you'll be allright again in no time, I hope! If its the same sort of thing I had, it took me a week to recover fully, so don't worry if it takes a while to go...whatever it is!

*hugs* Get well soon!

~Julie
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Quote Originally Posted by brina85
    are you sure your not pregnant

Oh no! I just got over my period!
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Thanks everyone. I feel pretty good today. I actuallt felt a lot better yesterday. Lets just hope this is the only sickness I get this year. *Knocking on wood.* I hate feeling sick. When I'm not sick I say I don't care what I get as long as I don't v*. But when I do get sick I absolutely wish I wasn't. But, I didn't v* so I'm fine. Thanks again:O)

You said you just had your period, so amybe that had something to do with it. My period always makes me feel fatigued and nauseous the first few days.

Glad you feel better!
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!